Struggling!

Options
Hey Everyone,

Just want to give a quick intro of myself, I am new to the site and would really like to shed roughly 4 stone.

I am a sucker for chocolate so I am finding it very hard but hopefully I will get better at saying NO to that call it gives me lol.

So ya just popping by to say hello and wish ye all the best of luck in your own goals.

Dee x :happy:

Replies

• vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there! And welcome to the site. I am also pretty new to this myself - I joined last year but only plucked up the courage to actually start properly 'doing it' this January. I just wanted to say hang in there! As soon as you see results, you will feel amazing. I too have a lot to lose (about 4 more stone myself, already lost 1 and 1/2!), and the important thing is to be disciplined with yourself... and stick with it, even if you really feel like you can't.

My top tips for now would be:
    1) don't deny yourself anything - even chocolate - or you'll crave it even more - everything in moderation though;
    2) fill out your food diary faithfully - putting in all exercise and all food consumed - you're only lying to yourself if you don't;
    3) don't set your calorie goal too low. MFP originally set mine as 1300 which I thought was way to low to be sustainable - so I re-jigged it to 1600 and do plenty of exercise, and am losing. When (if) my losing slows down, I'll drop it.

Stick with it! Add me as a friend if you want, happy to exchange ideas and support!
  • ANDREA0108
    Options
    add me if you would like. support is a big thing here.