Spider Veins

Options
Hi friends,

I have a cluster of unbelievably ugly spider veins on the back of my right calf. I feel so embarrassed to show my legs without stockings. I have had this since I can remember, and I am only 30. They do run in my family.

Has anyone had success with any creams or other remedies in fading spider veins? I am not sure that a laser procedure is in my budget at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't think that there isn't too much you can do about them. They're basically a result of blood that gets backed up in your veins because of faulty valves, which causes them to bulge with increased pressure. Any cream that says it can help reduce them isn't realistic. Sometimes, gradient compression stockings can help, and I think you can get some at drug stores over the counter. (The really good compression stockings are only available from someone who fits you for them, and I have no idea how much they are.) The only thing that might help disguise them is tanning, but that won't fix it, it'll just make it less obvious. Increasing your cardiac health with exercise can also help, as well as losing weight (it takes the extra pressure off your legs), because it will help your circulatory system be more efficient, but otherwise? They're probably there to stay. :(
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You are probably right. I was just hoping someone might have used something that helped.
  • Afool
    Afool Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I was wondering if I was hallucinating because my spider veins look measurably less noticeable to me lately. I've lost about 20 lbs and am doing a lot more cardio daily. I thought maybe it has something to do with better circulatory health. My instinct is right about something! Yay!