Need help finishing the day off!

Options
Bugger me, I'm nearly 100 cals off netting my BMR, let alone my daily goal. Day is nearly over, my protein macro is low, I'm still full from dinner and everything I read tells me not to eat 3 hours before bed if you're trying to cut body fat. Today was so poorly planned. What do I do?!

Replies

• Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Anybody? I really don't want to go another day without netting over my BMR but I just don't have any ideas. Open diary! Fat free cookie for the first person not to ignore this post!
  • missflynn2
    missflynn2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what is a bmr? yup, i am new... missing protien, eat fish. it is low in fat and full of nutrients... good luck.
  • Lmwilki
    Lmwilki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How about a 100 cal yogurt cup?
  • Numptcakes
    Options
    A basal metabolic rate is the amount of energy used by an individual at rest in a 24 hour day. Rest in this case is defined as having absolutely zero physical activity. The amount is expressed in calories, or energy amounts absorbed from food. These calories are expended as a result of the many basal life processes required by the human body in order to stay alive.

Don't have much in the house, and can't be cooking stuff at this time without the family kicking up a fuss! I feel like I've exhausted my options but I'm determined to net more than 1300, even if I'm not supposed to eat this close to bed time.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Ignore the don't eat close to bedtime thing-your body just knows calories in vs. out. I'm of a mind though that if you aren't hungry-don't eat! If you do want to eat and you want some protein and not very much food - eat some almonds. High protein, good for you and tons of calories for what you can eat.
  • Numptcakes
    Options
    25g of walnuts later, I've just about netted the minimum. But that's 60g of nuts today. That's not good, right?
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    On the contrary, nuts are very nutritious and natural, far better than chocolate or high sugar foods. And lots of protein so nothing wrong there. I have gone through 100g in a day sometimes, when I have exercised. Never put weight on me.
  • shenning321
    Options
    When I am that close at the end of the night, I will have a spoonful of peanut butter (1 tbsp is about 100 cal), nuts, or a granola bar. I have been meaning to try some no-bake energy balls (http://fooddoodles.com/2011/06/28/one-bowl-all-natural-no-bake-energy-bites) but that particular site doesn't give the nutrition breakdown so I'm not sure if that will help you!