Major to me NSV...

Options
OnMyWeigh464
OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
So I am a member at our local YMCA. I don't know if they're all set up the same so I'll describe ours...you walk upstairs to get to the workout centre. One one end there are the machines and the weight machines. Then further down there is the side with the free weights. I'll call this the "forbidden zone" I am always so petrified to go to "the forbidden zone" where all the (hot) muscular guys (some women too) are working out...I know they don't really "notice" me but with my self esteem as such as it is, I "think" they're looking at me wondering what the heck a fat woman is doing there....

Well as some might know, I've hired a personal trainer and I've had 6 sessions with him so far, and we go to "the forbidden zone"

Well today...I marched, with my head held high, to the "forbidden zone" and did my workout!!!! I was pretty damn proud of myself :-)

I don't like tooting my own horn but this was a HUGE accomplishment for me.

Thank you.

Replies

• itsalaina
    itsalaina Posts: 27
    Options
    Congrats!

I wish I had the confidence to even set foot into a gym!!
  • PJFonz
    PJFonz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Great accomplishment!
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    YAY! Every bit of confidence you can get is going to help you on this journey. Good luck!
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    thats awesome Iam sure now you youre comfortable ..go girl
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation:: ::standing ovation::

Good for you!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yey for you.

I call it the 'Mancave' at my gym as it's 99% men there. Lol.

I have booked a session with a trainer to take me in next week.

Good luck. X
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    congrats to you!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I still get intimidated! I joined a the tiny gym at work, where there is almost no one, so that helps:tongue:
  • atauds
    atauds Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to feel the same way when I started weight training with a personal trainer several years ago. But then I realized everyone at the "forbidden zone" had the same goal: to better themselves physically, and also maintain fitness and health. When you work out at the "forbidden zone" you are focused on your goals and have little interest in anyone else. However, once I became familiar with how to properly use the equipment, I lost that fear. In fact, others at the "forbidden zone" are more than willing to help you out if you need a free weight moved or if you need someone to spot you. Plus, many have valuable advice and info that they are more than willing to share. Congrats on your accomplishment!!! What a proud moment!
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    That's so awesome, congrats!!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    when i first started going to the gym years ago i was the same except my gym was a little bit worse ! It was 2 levels- you went upstairs to do cardio and weight equipment and it was in the shape of a square so in the middle of the square was completely open to downstairs (the body builder floor) there was only 2 ways in there- when you walk right in from below or if you were upstairs there was a winding staircase down. and when you went down it creaked so everyone would be looking up at you!!!. I was always thinking ok is this the day that it will break while I am walking on it!! Anyways I ended up saying SCREW IT and went down and did my workout but i also got tips from them by watching. I figure i'm there to better myself so if you don't like what you see bouncing and/or jiggling about than don't look . (Especially on the recumbent bike, along the wall there are mirrors floor to ceiling and there is not one thing that doesn't jiggle- I can't even look !! lol

Don't let anything be forbidden to you and let something hold you back ! Someday you will kick some HOT bodybuilders butt!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!