How often do you weigh in?

Options
I am new, and just curious how often folks typically log their weight. Daily, weekly? Pros, cons?

Replies

• OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    Me personally i just log my weight in almost on a weekly basis sometimes i forget to do it for a week or two but try that to see slow gains or loss over a period of time and as for pros and cons i dont think there really is any pros and cons to be honest except for the fact that you are constantly being informed on what body weight you're at
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Morning and evening. I post once a week.
  • meggiewes
    meggiewes Posts: 19
    Options
    I weigh in weekly because it reminds me to stay on track. I got a new scale so I could weigh comfortably. That way I don't feel pressured or shamed to use a public scale in front of people.
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the site as well, but I don't weigh myself more than once a week. Typically it is on Saturday mornings, just to keep it consistent.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Mondays
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    when i was losing i weighed every day obsessively. i highly recommend don't do that. i weighed once a week. go with your inches lost. its nice to see if the scale is going down, but the inches going down is what matters. ive maintained for about a year now. people tell me i look thinner and that i dont look my weight, because of muscle. if you weigh every day the scale could do up and down so much itll make you cry.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Once a week, but on menstruation cycle week, I take the weight for a grain of salt.
  • margaret2u
    margaret2u Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the daily yo-yo has been upsetting to me in the past. I think maybe I need to put it away or something, it sits in the corner in the kitchen, and it's hard not to get on everyday, hoping...
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    Just starting out once every morning just for accountabilty of what you ate the night before and then later as your confidence rises more like once a week or every two weeks et. cetera.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned it before but daily weighing is moot, pointless, self-defeating, and psychologically damaging. Pick one day and weigh yourself and leave it at that. Mine is sunday morning, in boxers only, after I've gone to the bathroom. I weigh myself. If I lost, great. If not, I move on and wait one more week. Fat loss isn't always linear. It can come in chunks.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    have somebody in the house hide your scale so you wont be tempted. i had hubby put it up in the closet where even on a chair i cant reach.
  • ShortInSeattle
    Options
    I've mentioned it before but daily weighing is moot, pointless, self-defeating, and psychologically damaging. Pick one day and weigh yourself and leave it at that. Mine is sunday morning, in boxers only, after I've gone to the bathroom. I weigh myself. If I lost, great. If not, I move on and wait one more week. Fat loss isn't always linear. It can come in chunks.

Your mileage may vary. I found weekly or monthly weighing to be stressful and anxiety provoking. For me, weighing daily helps me see the normal ups and downs and accept them in stride. So much of this idea of lifestyle change is really about experimentation and finding what is healthy, physically and emotionally, for each individual.