When to eat extra calories?

Options
Is there a set time to when I should be eating my extra calories? After the workout? It is OK if I go a little over before working out then those calories deduct? Sorry if this sounds silly but I just want to be sure!

Replies

• childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Is there a set time to when I should be eating my extra calories? After the workout? It is OK if I go a little over before working out then those calories deduct? Sorry if this sounds silly but I just want to be sure!

Hi there!

The answer to your question is whatever is more comfortable for you. Some people dislike eating before working out because it can cause stitches or generally make you feel sick, where as others dislike eating after working out because it feels like a waste of time (which it's not!)

If you have your food plan for the day set and someone comes along with a chocolate biscuit which is 180 calories then by all means burn that extra 180 off in the gym!

I would say try eating before the gym one day, then after the other and see which you prefer or even mix it up, just whatever is more comfortable to you :smile:

But do keep in mind you have to be sure what you are burning in the gym before you can have the extra calories, so if you do the same activity and know how many cals you burn then it's okay. But if you don't then eat afterwards!
  • deanie119
    Options
    First off, WOW! Awesome weight loss!

Thanks so much for the advice!