Easter Dinner!!!

Options
How do you all plan on sticking to your diets on Sunday,if you are at all?I'm trying to get some healthier ideas my whole family can enjoy....Thanks Ya all!

Replies

• littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My parents have opted not to cook Easter dinner this year soooo, it's going to be easy for me to stay on track that day. Not sure how I feel about that though.....
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm not.

Going out for Fruit as an Appetizer, Prime Rib as the main course with potatoes and Creme Bruele for desert.. and I plan on enjoying every last bite.

No need to eat like a rabbit just because its easter.. can always hop back on the wagon Monday.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Probably not the greatest idea, but I am going to save my cals for the big meal that day. My Mom-in-law always geta a honeybaked ham and makes the most amazing homeade rolls. Not sure how to avoid over doing it with those! Might bring a bag of veggies to munch on before dinner in order to fill up a little.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    We generally do a middle easten style Easter dinner--which is actually pretty healthy. We have hummus and pita, taoubouli, some type of grilled meat or fish w/ grilled vegetables and basmati rice. For dessert, we may have something like a single piece of baklava or none at all. If you have never prepared Middle Eastern food, don't be intimidated by it at all. Refer to the foodnetowrk's website for some recipie ideas!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Three bites of all side dishes. One of the cardiologist here in city wrote a book and stating if you don't know the calories of something only have three bites of it. I think that is a pretty good standard to go by. So....three bites of all the side dishes and one main meat and a small piece of dessert. Waa Laa Easter Dinner is served. :)
  • Chris_acc_can
    Options
    You don't.

Enjoy the meal and eat till you can't move. Enjoy the holidays, if anything, just go for a workout the day of to help balance the calories consumed.

You have to live your life. A couple big meals a year will not ruin your goals (maybe just delay them a couple days). Remember you need to consume 3500 calories over your daily maintenance limit to gain 1 pound. Unless you plan on deep frying everything or eating only desserts, this won't happen.

Happy Easter Everyone.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am not, I will enjoy our meal and dessert plus some candy. I have learned that allowing myself to let loose on holidays is best. And honestly I am unable to eat a lot anymore.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my day of rest. I do still count calories and watch what I'm eating, I just make sure I don't go too far over my regular daily calories. When we have big family get togethers, I only get 1-2 tablespoons of everything. I also make sure I only use one plate.
  • scmgoblue
    Options
    Lucky for me Sunday is my "cheat" day......although I don't plan on going overboard. Enjoy the meal!
    Happy Easter!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Don't know what we are having exactly, but I'll still have my protein smoothie and fruit for breakfast cuz if not I'll be hungry all day long. I'm gonna have a biscuit at our church breakfast cuz I gave up bread for Lent and that's my treat. Then probably stick to veggies for lunch and stay away from the casseroles.

I don't want to ruin the last few months of hard work by splurging too much on a holiday. Doesn't mean I can't still eat mostly healthy. And if (when) I go over my cals, it'll be okay cuz I'll work it off next week and just keep tracking.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    We're making a salad with grilled wild King salmon, avocado, tomato, chevre, carrots, spinach, and of course, salad greens, with homemade French bread on the side. Almond torte with strawberries, dark chocolate, and Greek yogurt for dessert. The wine and sparkling apple cider will most likely be broken out as well.

I am really, really looking forward to this dinner, and I will not feel guilty in the least!
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have family to go see for Easter. I will eat a healthy snack before I go and remind myself it is about the people not about the food. it's just food, my health and my family are more important that over indulging in food. If you are cooking for your family, check the web for low calorie alternatives to classic meals.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm visiting family so I have very little control of the meal. I am bringing dessert so I know what's in it and it's low calorie and low fat. I'm just going to fill up on veggies and eat small amounts of other side dishes.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
    I'm not.

Going out for Fruit as an Appetizer, Prime Rib as the main course with potatoes and Creme Bruele for desert.. and I plan on enjoying every last bite.

No need to eat like a rabbit just because its easter.. can always hop back on the wagon Monday.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna eat a regular portion of everything. Typically I'd eat 3x a regular portion. I'd eat until i was ready to barf, that won't happen this year. I will enjoy the foods, snacks and desserts as well as time with my family. Sunday is a day of rest for me usually anyways.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Eat a small portion of everything (I know, I know, that sounds easier than it is)

Get a lot of exercise in the day before, the day of, and the day after.

Drink extra water.

Happy Easter!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    we always have a potluck with other friends, old air force custom! I have learned to take one healthy spoonful of everything and no seconds. Eat early. Oh yes, have a tray full of fresh veggies out before hand for everyone to nibble on. By then I'm so full I can't eat until the next day!

I also have a holiday meal saved in my meals so it helps to put it in before hand and remind myself what's coming up!

walks afterwards are a great tradition the people of Germany always did.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm not. I'm going to my grandparents and I have no way of tracking calories on that so I'm just not going to log that day. (although I will say, I'm not trying to lose weight anymore. And on Monday I am switching to maintenance.)
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy one small portion of ALL of my favorite foods! That means yummy ham, mashed potatoes, croissant dinner rolls, and a piece of pie or cake for dessert. How often do we get to enjoy such a delicious meal? Not too terribly often. So I'm going to enjoy, and go for a nice lonnnnnnnng walk/jog that morning to compensate for my big dinner. I am already looking forward to it!
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My Mom is cooking. I am bringing dessert,so I know what is in it and the calorie count.I am going to eat with portion control and do a little more excercise then usual. Good luck and Happy Easter!