Was doing so good and then

Options
Today I went over almost 1000 calories. I knew I shouldn't of eaten Hardee's that was one BIG mistake. I was doing so good I was under my calorie intake going on 4 days and today I messed it up! I even went to the gym I said to myself today is gonna be a good day, but no I had to mess it up. I can kick myself in the butt for that. Tomorrow is gonna be a better day!
Has anyone ever went over that much in calories?
Ok off I go i'm gonna play some Wii Sports and see how many calories I can burn.

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    1000??? pffft that's bugger all. I have a few blow outs, where a single meal was over 3000 cals, and I think I had already hit my target before then.
    Don't stress. You know where you went over, just keep that in mind for next time.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    not a big deal realax and get back to the regular healthy eatting tomorrow.

And to add to your question I have a spike day about once a month where I go over on cals arount 2000-4000 over it actualy helps boost my metabolism and keeps me from hitting platues. One day will not wreck all your work relax and enjoy a treat once in awhile just make sure its just that a treat not an everyday kwim
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    You're fine. I ate 7000 calories last monday, and my goal was only 2500
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Log it so you have a record of it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day - don't let the guilt creep in. We all have those days.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change and in order to stay with it for life, you will have to allow yourself the occasional treat or special food you enjoy :)
    I've been at this since November 2011 and I've had many, many days of going well over my target daily calorie intake.
    I just workout a bit harder and start fresh the next day.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I go over almost every weekend. Last weekend by 1000 calories. It is a lot, but as long as it doesn't happen often you will be ok.
    Tomorrow is a bran new day and you will do better, and make better choices.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    i feel bad about eating 1087 today.

but most of it came from beans which i needed for protein. so im not too upset. i rather feed my muscle so i can go harder on the pavement.
  • ritamorneault
    ritamorneault Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good attitude about moving on and "working" off those added calories. Just enjoy what you ate and accept that you ate it and now you have the know HOW and willpower to get back on track. Drink water, water, water - tomorrow you will see it was not that harmfull - just don't do it every day! keep up the hard work - the weight will come off.
  • clawsobr
    clawsobr Posts: 5
    Options
    I was going on 20 days eating healthy...then my mom brought me an Easter basket...i am very ashamed to say that the entire contents of the basket are gone. This always happens...i do so well for so long then something just kills me and I go off track. In the past, when I go off track, it takes me about a month to get back on, but this time is going to be different. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and starting again....i HAVE to lose this weight
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I was going on 20 days eating healthy...then my mom brought me an Easter basket...i am very ashamed to say that the entire contents of the basket are gone.

Well at least it is not there to tempt you anymore!! Sometimes I think it's better to just get it over with - eat the junk and move on! One day of "bad" eating versus a week or more if you spread it out, right?!
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just move forward, that is the key.
  • clawsobr
    clawsobr Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes!! That was my thinking as well (even though it felt like more of an excuse at that point)...but i'm so glad somebody else feels thinks the same :)
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you wonderful comments. I did do about 2hrs+ on the Wii sports that night. I guess it's ok to go over once in a blue moon. Hopefully I don't do it often.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your cheat day!
    I have 3 a week now!

Kinda!