Couch to 5k

Options
I know there are a couple groups, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

I would love some mfp buddies that are doing couch to 5k :) I have one more day of week 1. Thinking about repeating each week but I don't know if I should.

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just did W4D2 today and it feels amazing. I haven't repeated any weeks yet, but will if I struggle. I would suggest listening to your body. If it feels like to much for you, then certainly repeat until it feels easier. I never thought I would be able to run especially at my weight, but I think we are capable of much more than we give ourselves credit for. Good luck to you.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I just did W4D2 today and it feels amazing. I haven't repeated any weeks yet, but will if I struggle. I would suggest listening to your body. If it feels like to much for you, then certainly repeat until it feels easier. I never thought I would be able to run especially at my weight, but I think we are capable of much more than we give ourselves credit for. Good luck to you.

That's how I feel- I'm surprised I was able to last all of those minutes jogging on my first and 2nd days, at my weight. I don't want to get discouraged and quit, so I think if I move slowly into it, it may work best for me. Not entirely sure yet. Thanks so much!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like! I'm flat-footed, have asthma and a heart problem-i'm falling apart! :laugh: I'm on week 5 day 3 and I haven't had to repeat a day/week yet-in fact I got sick for over a week in the middle of week 3 and I went back out 9 days after week 3 day 1 and still managed to finish. I thought for sure after 9 days i'd have to bump down a little. Our bodies are amazing things! When I first started, I was going to repeat week 2 (i've started so many times and never made it past week 1 out of fear...I was always afraid to work my heart that hard because I didn't know how it would react), but someone on here said "Try it, you might surprise yourself!" so I did, and i've been trying every day since. Of course, today is supposed to be my 20 minute run, so that may be what finally makes me repeat a day...lol!!

You can totally do this!!
  • tinana_RN
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like! I'm flat-footed, have asthma and a heart problem-i'm falling apart! :laugh: I'm on week 5 day 3 and I haven't had to repeat a day/week yet-in fact I got sick for over a week in the middle of week 3 and I went back out 9 days after week 3 day 1 and still managed to finish. I thought for sure after 9 days i'd have to bump down a little. Our bodies are amazing things! When I first started, I was going to repeat week 2 (i've started so many times and never made it past week 1 out of fear...I was always afraid to work my heart that hard because I didn't know how it would react), but someone on here said "Try it, you might surprise yourself!" so I did, and i've been trying every day since. Of course, today is supposed to be my 20 minute run, so that may be what finally makes me repeat a day...lol!!

You can totally do this!!

This makes me feel miles better... my feet aren't flat, but I also have asthma and a heart problem! I actually am wanting to find out about stopping my beta blocker because my target heartrate is just not happening for me... Yikes.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I started a few month back then fractured my ankle after the first day!!! (Would like to add it was from falling down the stairs, not running).

I started again a few weeks ago and my calf muscles reacted badly and even after a week I am still in a lot of pain with them but I did get to W2D2.

Going to start again soon and hopefully I will start week 3 at some point.
  • tinana_RN
    Options
    I started a few month back then fractured my ankle after the first day!!! (Would like to add it was from falling down the stairs, not running).

I started again a few weeks ago and my calf muscles reacted badly and even after a week I am still in a lot of pain with them but I did get to W2D2.

Going to start again soon and hopefully I will start week 3 at some point.

You sound determined though! Many people probably wouldn't go back after the first injury- running related or not.
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race! Lol. I'm on W4 right now and have noticed that each week my runs get slower (because they're getting longer) BUT, the way I see it, I'm running! And I haven't hurt myself and don't feel like dying when I'm done. I think going slow and listening to your body is the way to go!

Oh, and sending you a friend request because I don't think you can have too many C25K friends ;)
  • christelini
    Options
    I started with "get running" app and my third run of first week is tomorrow!!! kinda surprised I was able to run 16 minutes total the first two times, and 8 again tomorrow.

My friend who recommended it to me says we'll be running together for 30 minutes w/o stopping by the end of may.

I'll believe it when i see it!!!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can also add me as well. I have started this program a few times and things keep coming up or I end up getting hurt. I am starting again on Monday and need all the support I can get!!!

bump
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want! I'm in the middle of week 4... it's going well, but I'm scared about moving on, so I think I'm going to repeat this week. I'm loving it, though! I'm so impressed with how quickly I've improved. I'd love new running buddies!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I found as each week progressed, my speed would go up again.... I'm doing a slightly different program though, aiming at 10k for first week of may - if I can find a trail long enough that is :tongue:
  • e_NV_y
    e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow i do W3D3! Lets do it!!! :)))
  • heatherly711
    Options
    Hey! I was wondering what is this couch to 5k business you talk of? lol
  • givnthanx
    givnthanx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me also. I have been trying to do the couch to 5k for sometime. I have started and stopped so many times but I have never gotten past week 2. I have just decided to start again and only completed week one and then I haven't run for a week. I need encouragement too. It is very hard for me to run and I, also and afraid of working my heart that hard. But I am determined to do this. I have no one to do this with me so I am on my own. Can't wait to get started again!!! Thanks for starting this thread!!!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 1 Day 3 this evening! Hoping I dont have to repeat any days or weeks, but we will see! You can add me, nice to have someone who is doing it along with me!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start week 4 today but it didn't work out. I took my 4 year old on his new bike because I thought he'd be able to keep up but he just whined the whole time. Sooo I'll start it tomorrow. lol.

This week's schedule is scaring me though. 3 and 5 minute runs and not nearly enough walking lol! Hopefully I can do it well tomorrow.
  • celticgladiator
    celticgladiator Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i need to start. i was doing it last year and had to quit due to a minor foot surgery that took longer to heal than expected. it totally got me off track and i wasnt able to get back on. i'm all healed now and need to get off my butt :)
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    I just completed my first day! I'm so proud of myself! I've never liked to run. I ended and felt great, but felt like I could still do more :-)
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was scared of week 4 too, but have been able to get through it. I was sick with a stomach bug for 2 days and was actually upset that I wasn't going to be able to get my run in. But, I was back at it today. I feel so awesome when I finish. It's a major accomplishment. But, no shame in having to repeat a week if necessary.