I Love Food

Options
Especially free food... that has become a problem. So I hope that this site will help me keep tabs on what I am eating so it will not get out of control. Today my aunt died from diabetes which runs in my family (my Mom and grandma and grandpa). Scary. So I hope by monitoring my daily intake and exercise I can spot warning signs before it gets out of control. I know what dialysis is and do not want to head down that route. My plan is to set up a limit and not go past it, stop going for seconds, and understand that everything that's free is not for me. Please share any advise you have THx!

Replies

• melissafranks90
    Options
    It can be hard, I am actually bad with portion control. I have been controlling it better and making smarter choices when I eat out, such as mc donalds. I know most people dont think there is healthy stuff there but I actually get the fruit and walnut salad and if I want to treat myself I will get a strawberry smoothie. It is hard when its free food because if we are hungry and we dont have to spend money to eat we mise well eat whats offered but my advice is if there is something there that isnt exactly healthy , eat a smalllll portion, and then burn the fat off by running or doing some form of cardio. And never eat to get full or eat till your full. That is one of the worst things you can do, being full is a form of over eating.