Embarrassing - The moment I realized I needed to start eatin

Options
I'll admit it, I'm not trying to lose much weight, mostly get healthy. However, my wake up call to the fact that I had abandoned general health at the expense of laziness came at work. See, I'm in the Navy. At my command, for some reason, Thursdays are our "nice uniform" days. We don't wear our dress uniforms, but rather the in between ones that are appropriate for off base events. Anyways, I was wearing the same uniform from 15 lbs ago, and after a lunch at Taco Bell, I was speaking to one of my officers, when the button to my shirt popped off!! It was mortifying and I had to go the rest of the day like that. Haven't eaten Taco Bell since. Anyone else have an embarrassing wake-up call?

Replies

• AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think the major thing that hit me was when my friend--who I see more as a non blood related sister--asked me to be her maid of honor. The dresses are going to be light colors and are going to show my shoulders. I *HATE* showing my shoulders. Though, instead of protesting, I want to help make her wedding day the best day it can be on her budget. She says that out of all of her friends, I was and am the best choice because I am a very good planning and organization guru. I'm also very stubborn and I refuse for her to procrastinate. So, I looked at it from another angle: I would try to lose weight so that I wouldn't feel ashamed of my shoulders and back.

I've been trying off and on for a year. It wasn't until the beginning of this year that I learned everything I was doing wrong. You can't lose weight by just adjusting how much food you eat and doing cardio. All that does is take away the muscles you do have fueling your metabolism.

So, I suppose you can say I had two wake up calls. My wish to look nice and not be a complaining maid of honor (because the dress is nice, unlike what her and I saw in a lot of advertisements where it seemed like they were trying to make the bridesmaids look hideous in order to compliment the bride even more) and a book that taught me the proper way in which to lose my weight. (Of which, I have current issues in the way that are preventing me from the 21-day plan that will get me on the road I need to be: I have to wait until I graduate, get a second job, and move out before I can start it.)
  • csw92
    csw92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When two people at work commented on my "pregnancy"

I had that happen too... What's bad is I'm a guy.