Going Public

Options
psucsi
psucsi Posts: 21 Member
OK, after just silently using MFP for about 2 months I have become a believer. As part of that I though I would take the next step and mingle a little in the forums. Basically for me portion control and eliminating mindless munching have yielded good results. Looking forward to my June doctor's visit to show off a bit. Having done the total knee replacement on the left side, looking to postpone the right knee for as long as possible. Additionally my 9 year old daughter is at an age where she is zipping along a fast pace and I need all the help I can muster to keep up with her. Seeing some of the tickers and the achievements of others has provided more incentive. Good luck to everyone. Stay focused, stay the course, but have fun and live a little.

Replies

• NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    In holding pattern for L TKA, had R done a few years ago, but it failed.
    Add me to your friend list. I do good Prayer and inspiration, and, I'm damn funny. But, looks aren't everything-lol

In Christ, Nic
  • james1630
    Options
    after about 3 weeks i started to say ok i am loosing some weight i love this program so i just thought to myself let go make some friends thats when i went publicly:smile:
  • Alamaug
    Alamaug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im joining you. I started tracking in November. Lost about 12 pounds. MInimal exercise. My plan was to start swimming daily in a few weeks; I pulled a hamstring in December and delayed my workout plan. However, in the last 2-3 weeks I fell off with the tracking. Dont know why. I was so glad to get at email today encouraging me to get back on. I love this system. Gonna push harder than ever. Auga.
  • LSC77
    LSC77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have started to post on here recently also. I have been at this since Feb 2012. Good job with your weight loss. You can add me as a friend. I like to read the discussion because I am trying to stay motivated to lose the last 15 lbs. Good luck with your knees at least your doing the right thing in losing weight.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I've been a part of the site since last year but I haven't gotten real active on it until last month and the motivational support I receive from the people on this site is INCREDIBLE! I love it! I'm sure you will too. :) And congratulations on the weight you've already lost! Keep it up!

Also, I'm 24.. I'm trying to lose weight for my son, boyfriend, wedding, AND I have arthritis in my left knee. At the weight I'm at now (280), I face knee surgery sooner rather than later. Losing weight will help postpone that for me so I HAVE to do this.
  • LSC77
    Options
    I was not much on exercising before. I started out swimming, and it really helped me to build up for the gym. I still swim about twice a week. It is so relaxing. And you get a good workout.
  • LSC77
    Options
    You can do it. One day at a time. Good Luck.
  • psucsi
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • psucsi
    Options
    Hi. Im joining you. I started tracking in November. Lost about 12 pounds. MInimal exercise. My plan was to start swimming daily in a few weeks; I pulled a hamstring in December and delayed my workout plan. However, in the last 2-3 weeks I fell off with the tracking. Dont know why. I was so glad to get at email today encouraging me to get back on. I love this system. Gonna push harder than ever. Auga.

I have the app on a smart phone so I have made a habit of entering the meal or snack ASAP. If I do miss an entry during the day, I almost always check email before bed. For me, tracking helps me focus on my decision making. I know if I treat myself to item X, then I will need to pay more attention to what i eat later in the day or make sure to get some cardio in. Good luck. My daughter is a swimmer and she is vowing to whip me into shape when we can get some pool time. Right now it is bike riding.
  • psucsi
    Options
    I've been a part of the site since last year but I haven't gotten real active on it until last month and the motivational support I receive from the people on this site is INCREDIBLE! I love it! I'm sure you will too. :) And congratulations on the weight you've already lost! Keep it up!

Also, I'm 24.. I'm trying to lose weight for my son, boyfriend, wedding, AND I have arthritis in my left knee. At the weight I'm at now (280), I face knee surgery sooner rather than later. Losing weight will help postpone that for me so I HAVE to do this.

Just the 16 I have lost so far has had a great influence on my right knee. When I had the left knee done, my arthritis was bone on bone. That of course just made me want to sit around and not do anything active, which of course meant more weight gain. if you have a Y or pool nearby, watch for some water based fitness classes. Good luck.
  • Alamaug
    Options
    Good luck.
  • Alamaug
    Options
    What you are saying about entering the info dailiy makes sense. I wait till late at night. Lately, been too tired to do it. Of course also, I started eating more. Amendment. I just weighed myself. Lost 12 pounds; put 3 back on in the last couple of week. Oh yeah. Glad to be here, and thanks for the advice. Will enter info in app as i eat, and at least much earlier in the day.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on coming out. I know that MFP has been essential to my success.
  • LSC77
    Options
    I fill out my food in the morning. I have an idea of what I am going to eat that day. I pack fruit snacks at work so that helps. Once I log in my food and exercise (that I think I will be doing). I can see if everything evens out like it should. If I don't want to change my food to get within goal I change my exercise or visa versa. Also I read the book DASH Diet. It is a way of living not a diet. I make sure to have enough of protein, fruits, vegetables etc. I don't get enough dairy because I am allergic to milk, but I take a supplement. I took what meals my family already liked and made them healthier with the DASH book. I am in the biggest loser at work. So far I am winning, but the others are not really trying. I haven't been in the 120s since 2008. I feel a lot better and I am making more friends with this new life of mine. My husband and I have gotten even closer doing this. He is always 100lbs more than I am. He wants to be 101 less them me at the end. We will see.