Running shoes and advice

Options
csw92
csw92 Posts: 35 Member
I'm looking for a good set of running shoes, I've tried shoxs and they hurt my heels.

Also when I run, I tend to roll my ankles when I land and I can't seem to correct it.

Any help please?

Replies

• kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    Go to a Running store, get fitted, not a Sports Store, but a Runner specific store, such as Fleet Feet. They will find you the right shoe. I had a lot of problems with mine, pain, tears and blood didn't quite cover it all. But 15 mins in Fleet Feet and it was like a shoe epiphany.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Go to a Running store, get fitted, not a Sports Store, but a Runner specific store, such as Fleet Feet. They will find you the right shoe. I had a lot of problems with mine, pain, tears and blood didn't quite cover it all. But 15 mins in Fleet Feet and it was like a shoe epiphany.

This is awesome advice. Its the truth.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    If you have a good stride, where you land more forefront/midfoot, you won't roll your ankle, because it's pretty much impossible. But getting that stride is pretty hard in most running shoes, because they have really cushioned heels, and don't encourage forefoot/midfoot landings.

I would definitely heed the advice to go to a running store, and hopefully, they can analyze your stride. See if you can try several pairs, some with more cushioning, maybe some with less (like more minimalist), and see which ones gives you a better feel for where your foot is falling.
  • csw92
    csw92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice kyt1206 and LilRedRooster; I found a running store (Thank God for google) and I'll start the forefront/midfoot style next time I run.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love NIkes. But I am an Oregonian and an Alumni of the University of Oregon to boot. You should get fitted at a running store, as others have advised.