Saying no..

Options
One of the hardest issues I have had is saying no at the dinner table. Most of the meals served are not by any means healthy. And the guilt sets in, that you are saying no to something someone took time and effort out of their day to make for you so that you can eat. But I have learned a way that helps, portion control, water LOTS of water. And maybe preparing my own meal while dinner is being prepared to show that I might want to eat something different or have something else in mind. Thoughts???

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    portion control certainly works. I will eat fruits or veggies before dinner so I get full quicker.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Like all the thoughts of how you have come to cope with saying no. Portion control has got to be my biggest one. I know that I have so many calories and I try to think of how many a certain food is.

Most of the time I'm the one that cooks so I don't have much problem with this, however if we go out to eat I do have to think of what is healthiest for me. Preparing in advance for certain things by eating sensibly during the day also helps. If you can talk to the person that is cooking it maybe suggest healthy and tasty alternatives that you have found in similar recipes (in the nicest way possible of course). Besides that I think you've covered the majority of options when dealing with saying no.
  • melissafranks90
    Options
    Thankyou! I will definitly do that!
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Also when my coworkers bring something and offer all these special homemade cakes and pies, i dont want to disappoint them, so i say, oh, how delicious, and take it, but i do not eat it right away, but may be taste it and show my appreciateion, and then i take it away with me and say thT i will savor it later... And then i amy it it later or i may not eat it at all
  • melissafranks90
    Options
    thats a smart idea!
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    honesty is the best policy in my opinion, i am rather overweight and tend to be very forthcoming ie" that looks/smells great! i am going to try some but i gotta watch cause it'll go straight to my hips !" and also i avoid situations with pie ,,,... alll situations where there is even potential LOL