Mud Run Anyone???

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
Apparently I've lost my mind....I've been searching local race events and keep seeing links to theses Mud Run type of events and I'm pretty sure that I've convinced myself that I will be signing up for one this summer. I'm new to running, my first ever 5k is next month.

Any newbies/non-superfit people do one of these recently? Any advice? Any experts have any advice? Should I try skydiving instead???

Right now I'm eyeing up the Rugged Maniac in Jersey in July http://www.ruggedmaniac.com/events-details/items/tri-state-panjny.html. That should give me enough time to be ready......Anyone else know of anything like this coming to the Philly - South Jersey area this summer?

Replies

• nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for a mud run April 28th. I hear theyre lots of fun-more obstacles than actual running. It'll be my first real run (I've walked a 15K but never done a run before). No info about your area though.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am doing the volkslauf mud run this year!!!! Go for it beefy!!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, sign up now and make this a goal. That is what I have done. I am set to do a mud run called the freak 5k in Sept but b4 I tackle this I have 3-4 regular 5k's I am signed up to do. The first one being on the 21st of this month. Nothing like a motivator to get out there and run. I feel super ready......enjoy the ride!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for the Down & Dirty Mud Run in Philly on July15!

http://www.downanddirtymudrun.com/event-cities/philadelphia/

I've officially lost my mind, lol....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I also signed my 5 year old daughter up for the kids event. :bigsmile:
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm doing Warrior Dash in Dallas in 2 weeks. Just go and have fun. It's not a strict event and if an obstacle looks too tough, skip it. Just enjoy yourself and the atmosphere!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing the Down & Dirty Mud Run in NYC in September. :happy: