Been on a plateau for 8 months! i really need help!

Options
so if you want to know what i'm eating check out my diary.. i feel its good.
i think that my exercise is repetitive and i don't know how to change it! i dont go on the same machines the same amount of time everyday. i change that..
at the gym i do:
treadmill
bike
cross trainer
some weights
what can i do!!!!

Replies

• luviedovie
    Options
    track sugar. you might be surprised.
  • Trilaina
    Trilaina Posts: 61
    Options
    What time do you stop eating at? I hit a plateau for a while, then decided to try to stop eating around seven at night, and I've started to lose again. Also, maybe cutting down your sodium? I can't tell by your diary how much you take in, though.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    and sodium too....but yeah sugar looks high just from what I know my diary looks like when eating the same type foods.
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    I scrolled through 2 weeks worth of food, I found 2 entries of celery and kale. You need to add more leafy greens into your diet. You're really good with staying away from fried foods and junk food in general, that's awesome. You need to think about replacing the breads that you do eat with romaine lettuce leafs, adding spinach leafs to everything, getting some more cabbages in there. Just leafs in general. I tried and tried and couldn't find enough in your diary. You need fiber to help you move all that stuff you eat out of your body. Just remember, fruits such as tomatoes and squash and cucumbers help the plant to store sugar to feed the seed. Therefore, it has higher sugar than the leafs; roots are the plant's emergency backup, they have a lot of sugars too. The best part of the plant to eat to help you move it all out is the leaves. Go for the leafs!
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    yeah sugar is high. try keeping it around 30g a day and sodium around 2,400 maybe and give that a couple wks and see how it goes. and like the above poster. try not to eat after 7. :)
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ...Just remember, fruits such as tomatoes and squash and cucumbers help the plant to store sugar to feed the seed. Therefore, it has higher sugar than the leafs; roots are the plant's emergency backup, they have a lot of sugars too. The best part of the plant to eat to help you move it all out is the leaves. Go for the leafs!

This is AWESOME info, thanks, very enlightening and put in a way that makes sense!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you seem to be eating lots of processed foods. i agree with tracking sugar and sodium and look into adding more whole foods to your diet. also are you drinking enough water? the days i looked nothing was logged.

maybe try that for a few weeks or month and see how it goes.
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    Switch to maintenance calories. Switch up your workout by turning it into high intensity intervals. And start heavy lifting. Give all these things one month. Drop your calories by 350 at then end of the end of said month and PROFIT! You should begin losing again