Suddenly Separated - don't feel hungry at all

Options
So, my wife split with me yesterday. Now I don't feel like eating. Trying to force calories down, but not pleasant. Any ideas, suggestions on how to not go nuts on comfort food but keep at this?

Replies

• rescueisnotamyth
    rescueisnotamyth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First, I'm so sorry. That is awful and I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    Second, it is really easy to numb yourself or comfort yourself with food. Instead of doing that, find someone to talk to. If it's "numbing" you want, find something you can concentrate on and lose yourself in (puzzles, drawing, painting, a new hobby).
    I would say, don't force yourself to eat. But it's important to eat to fuel your body, so I would look to create meals that are extremely well-balanced and enjoyable, perhaps with a higher calorie content. That way, even if you only manage part of the meal, you are fueling your body.
    I would also encourage you to talk through all of this with someone. This is a key time for you. I would hate to see you give up on your weight loss goals or any other goals you have.
  • loseramy68
    loseramy68 Posts: 102
    Options
    Steve, I am so sorry. I wish I had something meaningful to say.

You have been doing so well. Don't let the stress beat you. You deserve to be healthy.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Google "Who moved my cheese pdf" and click on the PDF and read the whole thing. That's all I got other than a (((HUG)))
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Im sorry, I know how hard it is, Ive been seperated for 12 months now, feel free to add me a a friend if you ever need to vent, as for calories i would look for foods that have more calories in smaller packages.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    That really sucks man, I'm sorry :/

A few days of low intake won't kill you. Try to get something you like and make yourself a moderate portion of it. Don't worry so much about macros/etc for a few days. Go ahead and keep tracking -- when you start getting enough appetite to get closer to your calorie goal, then get back on track.

Edited: This is what I did myself in January after my BF of 7 yrs dumped me without a warning.
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    Do your workouts, and during that time, focus on each movement, instead of whats going on in your brain. Let that be your break or escape, as opposed to food. Also, a new sport or fitness class added to your routine will help a lot to... Learning and forward movent is a great distraction. Set fitness goals and try to focus on reaching those to take your mind off present hard times. Use activity as comfort and food as fuel. Remember, your car is never humgry, but you still put gas in it. You can do it and u WILL get through this!