My low calorie meals/recipes!

Options
Britt2Fitjrny
Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
I started my own blog where I post pictures of my meals and recipes! If you're new to this calorie counting thing or just want some recipe ideas for low calorie foods come check out my blog!

http://thinspirationkitchen.tumblr.com/

I get a lot of my recipes from: skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com.

Replies

• LaLainya
    LaLainya Posts: 12
    Options
    Lots of great recipes! Thanks for sharing!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    No problem! I love to share my creations! Especially because I use to live off boxed meals! So now that I’m actually cooking I love showing it off! :)
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was a bit concerned at the name of the blog, but it's interesting recipes and a good attitude. I just have bad connotations with the word thinspiration, having two friends in particular who have suffered with EDs. Sorry that I'm being a bit of a buzzkill, but I thought it'd be best to tell you my first reaction.... Really, I don't mean to be mean :(

Great recipes, I can't wait to see more.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    I was a bit concerned at the name of the blog, but it's interesting recipes and a good attitude. I just have bad connotations with the word thinspiration, having two friends in particular who have suffered with EDs. Sorry that I'm being a bit of a buzzkill, but I thought it'd be best to tell you my first reaction.... Really, I don't mean to be mean :(

Great recipes, I can't wait to see more.

Well I understand and completely respect your opinion. I can see how the word "thin" could remind you of an ED and that’s something I thought about as well. But if you scroll through the site you can see that there is nothing unhealthy about it! People may get the wrong first impression but once you take a look around it will change your mind! Thank you for your comment and I will be sure to post more asap! :smile:

BTW your rainbow colored cookies look AMAZING!!
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I made em :P My friend knows I like rainbows and sent me it on imgur.

Not the word thin but the slogan thinspiration - I had only ever seen the word in relation to pictures of really emaciated girls, ribs showing and all that kinda thing. I can see by googling that it's used by people of all weights, but previous to this thread I had only seen it as the word for taking the whole thing to extremes - maybe that was just because I hadn't looked into healthy eating/fitness pages, just researching what my friends had and how I could help them.

I'll take it as my lack of education on the subject!
  • mmw47
    mmw47 Posts: 23
    Options
    Will definitely check it out!! certainly need some new ideas, thanks!!
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SJD_2013
    SJD_2013 Posts: 17
    Options
    BUMP :D thanks for sharing x
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    http://thinspirationkitchen.tumblr.com/

Hello from Chicago!
    Love your recipes and photos. Thank you for inspiring me to try more healthy recipes! Waiting to see more.
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    thanks for this!
  • crivera12398
    Options
    Thanks Brittany...good recipes. Wow! How long it took u to loose 50lbs?
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yeah thinspiration/thinspo is a word that gets used a lot in pro-Ana community online, and Tumblr has had a particular problem with ED tumblrs (just check the thinspo tag!) and have recently tried to cut down on them (http://tinyurl.com/cymg7vy). The weight loss tumblrs/people who want to get fit tend to use fitspiration/fitspo, I follow about half of them :laugh:

Your tumblr definitely isn't a thinspo blog though! Which is what I first thought, I must admit! Great recipes, I've got some new ideas already!:smile:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I was a little afraid to eat sushi (MY FAVOURITE FOOD!) But now I might consider it once in a while :)
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!

I lost 50 pounds in one year and 6 months.

About the "thinspiration" word, I have also seen negative things involving that word so I understand the confusion. Lets just say I'm inventing a new meaning to that word... Haha :laugh: Maybe thin unhealthy girls who stumble upon my blog can learn how to be healthier by reading what I have to say/post. Sorry the word isn't perfect but I enjoy the new meaning to it and i hope your views can be changed about "thinspiration"! :wink:

Take care everyone and check my blog daily for new low calorie recipe ideas!!

Happy counting! :drinker:
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    it looks great!! thanks for sharing!
  • amZhn
    amZhn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    looks great! thanks :)
  • Suegeee
    Suegeee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    good for you! Can't wait to look at more recipes :)