Probiotic Recomendations Please!!

Options
I am looking for a probiotic supplement for regularity and overall digestive health. I have had luck with Phillips Colon Health in the past but I wasn't sure if there were any other kinds out there that people really liked and would recommend. I am looking for a capsule form (not a yogurt or drink etc) and preferably one that doesn't require refrigeration. Thanks everyone!! :happy:

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Raw fruits and vegetables with skins have the bacteria you need - -in fact, patients on protective isolation aren't allowed to eat raw veggies, because they can't handle any new bacteria during things like leukemia treatment.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I had good luck with Phillips Colon Health too. I found something considerably more economical at Costco, called trunature http://reviews.costco.com/2070/11531089/trunature-trunature-digestive-probiotic-reviews/reviews.htm, so I'm on my second package of that. I feel like it hasn't been as effective, so I am going to go back to Colon Health when this runs out just to see what happens.
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will check that out. You can get the Phillips online at Amazon for a decent price with their subscribe and save.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Great timing. My daughter just asked me after I posted if I was still putting "poop pill" in her pill container. Seems she's been having issues with constipation again, as have I. I think I'm going to switch back to Colon Health before I run out of the trunature. That's too bad, because we have a pretty good amount of it left, but if it's not doing the job, there's not much point...
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Any other recs?
  • PJilly
    Options
    I can tell you that I did switch back to the Colon Health, and it works so much better for me than the trunature. That said, if you wanted to try out the trunature to see if it works for you, I'd be happy to drop what's left in mail if you want to private message me your address. It's all in the original sealed container. I hate to throw it out, but if it doesn't work for me, there's no point in having it here taking up space in my cupboard.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Any other recs?

Kombucha, Sauerkraut and other fermented foods are way better and have a much higher concentration of probiotics than those "capsules" sold in the stores.
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i am looking for safe and good one . I take thyroid meds that is is . can they work with my thyroid pill ? what one do you all think will be the best ? and have you notice that they really help ? please send me message on my mfp thanks
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I use Nutriion Now PB 8. I can tell a differance when I forget to take it..