Food NSV :)

Options
kaned_ferret
kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
A few weeks ago, when I was really becoming aware of my calorie intake, I went shopping. I was going to pick up bits to make our occasional "weekend treat" breakfast, which consists of fresh butter croisants, filled with bacon and brie. But when I picked up the croissants, and looked at the nutritional info, seeing that EACH croissant was 300 calories, meaning that my "breakfast would total around 7-800 calories :noway:, I put the STRAIGHT back on the shelf. This is NOT the victory!

The victory came today. Yesterday I was still feeling down after realising that losing 15lb is apparently not visible, so I bought the croissants, deciding to have a weekend off of worrying about calories. This morning I made myself my croissant - and rather than getting the 2 out like I usually did, I only took 1. Meaning that the calories from my brekkie weren't at all overboard, and I enjoyed every bit of it.

It seems so small, but the fact that the decision to take 1 croissant rather than 2, saving myself 300cals, not to mention the bloated feeling, has made me feel on top of the world. Because it means my eating habits are changing! And it means I can safely enjoy the naughty stuff without overdoing it, which was always my problem. Hooray! :drinker:

Replies

• MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Those are the things that make you successful on your journey! Way to go! What an amazing feeling that is!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yay You....

I see two victories here....... the first one that you are taking control over your food choices and yes your habits are changing!

the hidden victory is that YOU recognized it and YOU praised yourself for it!.......

Great Job! you're worth it :)
  • fit4always
    Options
    Wow....you did great! That is a victory and all of us who are trying to get our habits in control, can appreciate just how great you are feeling! Nice job and all of us are really proud of you!

Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • Pamolsen9
    Pamolsen9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the importance of this victory. Great work!
  • kaned_ferret
    Options
    Thanks guys! Amazing how being able to turn down a 300cal croissant makes me feel better than recording an 8lb weightloss lmao!
  • kaned_ferret
    Options
    Well it seems that this food NSV extends beyond just saying no to extra croissants - today I was given a lindor chocolate bunny, and a HUGE box of thorntons... I put them in the cupboard, but then couldn't get the bunny out of my head, I KNOW how good they taste! So I took off his ears :) 20g, and I was very happy - normally I would've craved finishing the whole thing, but nope, that was "just enough". I am a very happy bunny - and my chocolate is now sure to last me for AGES XD
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Great job, Ferret! Way to be aware of what's going into that body of yours.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!