BEER!!

Options
What's your favorite beer? Mine's Yuengling Light... not available in many states, really.

I tried a Miller 64 tonight... only 64 calories a piece!
So for me, that's 640 calories... Cause I drink about 10 when I'm out to get drunk!

What's the take on low-calorie beers?

Replies

• Xxlovinlife2012Xx
    Options
    Bud Light Lime or Michelob Ultra For me!!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    what's a low calorie beer? no. no no no.

i'll take a good hefty stout any day. screw the calories, as long as it fits into my daily goal.

favorite at the moment is Aventinus. Probably because it's delicious, and all but impossible to find in my area.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I like the beer that tastes like pee - Miller Light.

Because I'm classy like that.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    what's a low calorie beer? no. no no no.

i'll take a good hefty stout any day. screw the calories, as long as it fits into my daily goal.

favorite at the moment is Aventinus. Probably because it's delicious, and all but impossible to find in my area.

I like that kinda stuff too, but I'll devour like 1500 calories from DRINKING!!!! That's how I got here!!
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I like the beer that tastes like pee - Miller Light.

Because I'm classy like that.

That 64 stuff was water-ed down pee... I was classy and drank it!! :)
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I tried those super light beers *cough-water-cough*...Best I can do is Bud Light!.....and even then, I'm gonna be wishing it was Southern Comfort and diet Coke. :laugh:
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I prefer beer with flavor. I have been drinking real beer for the last 4 years. The down side to that is when I am offered any domestic light beer it tastes like I just pizzed in the bottle and drank it. Coors Light, Miller 64, Mich Golden Light, etc. All have no flavor.

Stella, Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss, etc are my preferred beers.

The downside to this is they are higher calorie.
  • brhaunparks
    brhaunparks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Shipyard, Gearys, Sam Adams, Boston Beer Works...pretty much any micro brew beer with flavor...depends on the time of year, Sam Summer now...love Shipyard Pumpkinhead!!
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am not allowed to drink till I lose all my weight but if I would drink it would be Budweiser or Kokanee. If I drink light beer there is less alcohol so I have to drink more to get drunk and it will add up to the same amount of calories. Beer gives me horrible munchies.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love beer. I'm not too fussy but I love Sleemans cream ale and Stella.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Mostly Guinness or Dos Equis.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The only one I can drink is Bud. I'm a Jack Daniels girl at heart.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Corona with lime. I used to be a Miller light girl, but that gives me massive headaches now.
  • JessicaAnnD
    Options
    Shipyard Summer!! Has light cals (98) but full favor! I love that or Purple Haze which has 128 cals!! But much better then any "light"beer!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love Stella and Sam Adams. Especially summer beers too like Hefeweizens and raspberry/strawberry beers. Ugh...it's tough. The wheat beers are not low cal but they do make me feel full!
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Love dark tipples like porters, stouts and real ales. Mmmmm. Guinness has its time and place but St Peter's Cream stout is amazing and Sambrook's Powerhouse Porter and Fuller's London Porter are just a delight! And Titanic's Plum Porter will change. your. life. Seriously.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Gotta be Lucky :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    homebrew. Pumpkin ales that we make, or *kitten*-over-applecart that is ready to be bottled. Tax Relief, which is similar to an irish red. YUM! And when we're out of HB, I go for Sam Adams, most varieties, and Killian's. Killian's was the first ever beer I drank back in college, and was also the beer that hubby smuggled me with pizza in the maternity ward the nights both of my kids were born. It's got a special place in my heart. :)
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm an Imperial Stout guy

Dark Lord
    Founders Kentucky, Canadian or Plain ol' Breakfast Stout
    Bourbon County Stout
    Ten Fidy
    Old Rasputin on Nitro
    Older Viscosity anyway you can get it
    Wide Awake It's Morning

Damn. Now I'm thirsty!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm an unsophisticated beer drinker. My beer of choice used to be Miller Lite, but I prefer Bud Lite Platinum now for it's higher alcohol content.