Detoxing

Options
Anyone done the the Lemon Detox Diet aka Master Cleanse ?

http://mastercleansesecrets.com/book.php?hop=simconi

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    She wants your money.
  • beckifraser_5
    Options
    No, but my friend did it before her wedding, lost 10lbs! and my other friend who is very overweight lost just over a stone, this is in 10 days, ive read some great stuff about it, i ordered my syrup online from holland and barrat the other day, hasnt arrived yet tho :(
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as "detoxing" your body. Your body has a perfectly capable system for removing toxins from your body, and the best thing to assist it is water and some fiber. Faddish "systems", " cleanses" or "detoxes" are money-grabs for gullible desperate people. "my friend said she lost 10 pounds in one week"? Really? Well I have a friend who takes up smoking to lose weight. That's not a brilliant idea either. Besides, we are mostly water and carry between 5-15 pounds of waste in our intestines/bowels. Any snake oil mix with a diuretic and laxative thrown in will make it look like you just lost a bunch of weight, but its not FAT.
  • StephyJarn
    StephyJarn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just thought it would be a grea way to rebuild myself! I've been reading a lot of the material and I'm about to order the books! Thanks for the advice guys!
  • StephyJarn
    StephyJarn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kenny.
    Um... your wrong! If your not going to voice an opinion about the subject don't comment on my posts!
  • beckifraser_5
    Options
    Some people are very unsuportive, If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all! You do what makes you feel good :) Happy Dieting!
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm sure your body detoxes on it's own given healthy food such as veggies and fruits and a lot of water.
    But you feel so much better after a detox such as the lemon one. It HAS to help! You're not putting ANYTHING else into your body except things that will help clean it out.
    I had a friend who did that every few months and she lost inches.
    It takes dedication! Something I don't have! Good luck!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Any snake oil mix with a diuretic and laxative thrown in will make it look like you just lost a bunch of weight, but its not FAT.

Exactly!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Kenny.
    Um... your wrong! If your not going to voice an opinion about the subject don't comment on my posts!

That is my opinion. And it also happens to be true. This is not the motivation and support section. You just don't want to hear it because you have already made up your mind and are seeking affirmation. .
    She wants your money and detoxing is a bunch of voodoo BS.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Kenny.

That is my opinion. And it also happens to be true. This is not the motivation and support section. You just don't want to hear it because you have already made up your mind and are seeking affirmation. .
    She wants your money and detoxing is a bunch of voodoo BS.

i agree with kenny
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm sure your body detoxes on it's own given healthy food such as veggies and fruits and a lot of water.
    But you feel so much better after a detox such as the lemon one. It HAS to help! You're not putting ANYTHING else into your body except things that will help clean it out.
    I had a friend who did that every few months and she lost inches.
    It takes dedication! Something I don't have! Good luck!
    Please explain the process by which lemon (and/cayenne pepper, honey, etc?) remove toxins from the body.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as "detoxing" your body. Your body has a perfectly capable system for removing toxins from your body, and the best thing to assist it is water and some fiber. Faddish "systems", " cleanses" or "detoxes" are money-grabs for gullible desperate people. "my friend said she lost 10 pounds in one week"? Really? Well I have a friend who takes up smoking to lose weight. That's not a brilliant idea either. Besides, we are mostly water and carry between 5-15 pounds of waste in our intestines/bowels. Any snake oil mix with a diuretic and laxative thrown in will make it look like you just lost a bunch of weight, but its not FAT.

agree with this!!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why so many ppl think there is some miracle to becoming thin. Do you think you got fat over night? No it took time and all those calories shoved down your throat to get that gut and thunder thighs and love handles. So stop reading some lame BS about drink this and your gut is gone blah blah blah garbage. Actually take care of your body and do it the right way or you'll just be sorry when you use the "miracle" and you gain everything plus some back. Your body doesn't need a detox or a cleanse, that's what your organs are designed to do. If you're bloated it from the garbage you are eating or a food allergy.
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Some people are very unsuportive, If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all! You do what makes you feel good :) Happy Dieting!

Agreeing with mindless, unsupported claptrap is not being supportive, it's being irresponsible. Proving sound, scientific advice to help someone avoid spending their money foolishly and/or damaging their health is support, and this is a place to lose weight and get healthy, isn't it? Or is it just a place where people tell you what you want to hear? If that's the case, people shouldn't bother asking questions, they should just ask for confirmation of whatever fad they want to try.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Kenny.

I have an opinion on this subject.

You are wasting your time and money. You are not cleansing anything as your body has it's own tools to cleanse toxins. Furthermore, any toxins that are not cleansed by your liver or kidneys will NOT be cleansed by drinking any juices or concoctions.

Just because someone on the internet doesn't support your decision, doesn't mean they aren't trying to help.

Let me close with this: I am trying to help you by saving you money and time. If you would like additional help with your intake and/or plan, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll gladly take my time to assist you further.

Lastly, Kenny is correct.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

^^^^This
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I thought detoxing meant abstaining from drugs and alcohol for a long period.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I, too, have an opinion.

It's a terrible idea. You may lose some water weight, initially, but once you start eating actual food again, you will gain itall back.

Be patient and use the tried and true method of a moderate calorie defecit and exercise, and you will see lasting results.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

You're kidding, right? You see someone thinking of doing something potentially harmful to their health and the only acceptable responses are "way to go" or silence. What kind of fantasy world do you live in?
  • LoveyEstelle
    Options
    My friend did it and lost 15lbs... BUT she put it all right back on afterward.

Have you seen, "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead"? I have done a juice fast for 7 days. I definitely had some detox symptoms - migraines, fatigue, dizziness & nausea, but I felt so great afterward. I love that it is natural and full of nutrients too!!