Getting rid of the gut

Options
So I've been doing really good, eating great, getting lots of water and exercising everyday. Body Pump on Mondays and
Wednesdays, cardio kickboxing on Tuesdays and then cardio in the workout room on the other days on the eliptical using the fat burning setting. I'm also about to add some zumba back into my workout on Saturdays and some extra Body Pump. All of which have lots of cardio for general fat burning and then normally involve about 15 minutes of ab work. But while I have noticed results in my legs and arms I see nothing as far as my stomach. Still mushy and not seeming to get any flatter. I went to get in plank position today and almost died when I looked down at my stomach just hanging there. I know you cant target specific areas but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to add to my routine. Any sort of foods that I could add to my diet or even a certain workout routine that has helped them?

thanks so much!

Replies

• valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem :(
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump, same problem
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    they say the abs are made in the kitchen, you need to cut out processed junk food and sugar and just eat clean
  • cball3394
    cball3394 Posts: 19
    Options
    they say the abs are made in the kitchen, you need to cut out processed junk food and sugar and just eat clean

Yes I know that I have really cut down on sugar and besides last week when I didnt make it to the store had been doing really good with processed food. I finally made it to the store yesterday and got my kind of food back in the house. I was thinking about maybe detoxing a bit and doing veggies and fruit for a while maybe to get rid of some excess water and bloat. But its very hard seeing everything else get smaller and your stomach just kind of stay there hah.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    A body is made in the kitchen. Try incorporating Tae Bo Insane Abs into your routine. You can check out the workout on Collagevideo.com and buy it at Walmart, Target, etc. or if you have to buy it online, get it on Amazon.com. It's cheaper there than Collagevideo.com
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

Yes I know that I have really cut down on sugar and besides last week when I didnt make it to the store had been doing really good with processed food. I finally made it to the store yesterday and got my kind of food back in the house. I was thinking about maybe detoxing a bit and doing veggies and fruit for a while maybe to get rid of some excess water and bloat. But its very hard seeing everything else get smaller and your stomach just kind of stay there hah.

drink more water and eat more fiber that would get rid of the bloat
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    You may be bloated somewhat, but your diet is the most important thing when you want to get rid of your belly. Just look at the progress on the rest of your body, that should motivate you to keep going. The belly fat is the last to go and hardest to get rid off. Just keep it up and you will get there!
  • cbush0315
    cbush0315 Posts: 18
    Options
    Typically belly fat is the hardest to get rid of-especially if you've had it there for a long time. Hang in there- you'll start to see improvements in no time.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Your stomach is usually the first to get fat and will be the last one to go. Also, make sure you're not undereating.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aray1107
    aray1107 Posts: 75
    Options
    Bump.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Weights/resistance training
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Your stomach is usually the first to get fat and will be the last one to go. Also, make sure you're not undereating.

^^^ that

You just have to keep loosing body fat. My fat loss started at head and feet and slowly making its way to the center. There is no shortcut or workout or magic food or pill. Sorry thats just how it is.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It's true, abs are made in the kitchen. But high levels of cortisol can also cause you to store fat in the abdomen. So getting enough sleep, and reducing stress may also help,( in addition to unprocessed foods).

Prevention publshed a book called "The Flat Belly Diet" which has some suggestions - eat monounsaturated fats with your meals. You would have to read the book to see if it's for you, but I've found it helpful to some degree. I use some of their tips, not all of their detailed menus.