Ranch Dressing and Sugar

Options
So, I will be the first to admit that I love, love, love ranch dressing. And not the fat-free stuff, it has to be real ranch dressing. I figure if i'm going to die, and the last thing I have is salad, it better have real ranch dressing on it. I will take one for the team and say that I will forfeit some calories for some good ranch dressing. Annnndddd, I have to have real sugar in my coffee. I figure four little packs of sugar won't kill me right? Is there something wrong with me? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Replies

• kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their things that they love and refuse to give up. Just stay within your calorie limit and meet your macros and you will be fine!!
  • sassyleo73
    sassyleo73 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Ranch to!!! I ran across this recipe this morning and will trying it tonight with dinner.

This whole jar of ranch is only 1.75 grams of fat and 255 calories! 1 cup dannon oikos plain greek yogurt 1 packet hidden valley ranch mix 1/2 cup 1% milk Whisk together, chill 1 hour before use. Perfect consistency and tastes better than bottled!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I do the ranch dressing mix and greek yogurt too. Try it. You may like it, not as much as the real thing, but it's got a lot of protein in it this way.
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Best Vegan Ranch Dressing:

1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon parsley , chopped
    1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk

Directions:
    Whisk all ingredients together and chill before serving. Add a little more soy milk if you need to thin dressing.

Makes: 1 cup, 41 calories/tablespoon
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Simple Ranch Dip Recipe (and makes a Ton)

24 oz nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
    1/2 c or 4 oz Fat free Sour cream or any light version
    1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
    1 tablespoon total of basil/oregano seasoning

(I add tomato/basil oregeno Seasoning by Gourmet Collection)

Mix it up and serve ...any time

2 tbsp is 1 serving of the dip and around 40-46 calories depending on the brands you use
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Best Vegan Ranch Dressing:

1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon parsley , chopped
    1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk

Directions:
    Whisk all ingredients together and chill before serving. Add a little more soy milk if you need to thin dressing.

Makes: 1 cup, 41 calories/tablespoon
    Save! I've not tried this one yet!
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i use walden farms calorie free, sugar, free, carb free, pretty much everything free "ranch dressing". It does have a slightly bitter after taste since it is vinegar based but it does the trick.
  • ReginaMarie7
    ReginaMarie7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY trying this! I love ranch dressing (full fat/calorie version) and can't seem to compromise by getting the FF or light versions so this sounds great!
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This sounds so yummy