URGENT HELP

My sister felt down just now,Now,her right eye is swollen and she's going to school this Monday.I fell pity for her.Is there any fast and quick solution to solve this ??

Replies

• spottedlee
    spottedlee Posts: 372
    ice pack to reduce swelling and make-up to cover it.

once the blood vessel is broken, there's no way to prevent black/blue but you can reduce the swelling by ice.
  • I dont have ice pack in my house now.I read some articles just now.they asked to put cold tea bag on the swollen eyes.Is it true ?
  • spottedlee
    spottedlee Posts: 372
    do you have bag of corn, pea, anything? that will work,, anything from freezer. Frozen anything is better than cold tea bag.
  • Do u think the cold tea bag will work ?
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    steak works, cool one. The key is coolness. Even a washcloth soaked in ice water until u can find something else. Not up on my tea bag lore.
  • One more thing,Most of the articles that i read just now ask to put a cold spoon on the swollen eyes.Do you think it will work ?
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Toss a few spoons in the freezer and rotate them.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    One more thing,Most of the articles that i read just now ask to put a cold spoon on the swollen eyes.Do you think it will work ?

nothing wrong with just trying.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Why don't you read all the answers that are telling you to take something from the freezer!
  • I think I will use the cold spoon method.Thanks
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    in addition to what everyone else said

Keep her head elevated. Have her sleep with a couple of pillows behind her head and back. Gravity pulls the fluid down, makes swelling worse. :) hope she is better soon!
  • dr0p4ah0y
    dr0p4ah0y Posts: 22
    People are trying to give you suggestions. :]
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Anything cold will help reduce the swelling. Twenty minutes on and twenty off, for the next 12-24 hours should help.
    And then careful makeup application. My monday it will probably be less black&blue and more heading into the green stage, so avoiding yellow concealer is good. A natural-toned concealer (or one that reduces the red) can help, applied lightly and not blended into the surrounding area. Then foundation on top of that (once it has dried) that matcher her skin tone just right. It won't be perfect but it can make it less noticeable and help her feel less self-conscious.
  • miamirn1
    miamirn1 Posts: 9 Member
    Use a cold pack every three hours for 20 min each time. She can use a warm tea bag between the ice packs. It has tannic acid which acts as an astringent. Hope your sister feels better soon!
  • Thanks friends for the suggestions =D
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Also, did she just fall over or did she pass out?