Just getting Started

Options
Hi everyone! I just recently had my 3rd (and final) baby 5 mnths ago and I guess I need some buddy support to stay on track. Every pregancy has left me with PLENTY of weight to lose. The others seemed to come off easier, not sure if it's my age now or my circumstances, working full time (office job) having 2 previous school age kids or what but I need some occasional kicks in the butt to keep myself going. So feel free to help me along and hopefully I can be of some support to other as well!

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a mother of three also, I joined this site 2 years ago after I stopped nursing my youngest, and it has been instrumental in getting me back on track and helps motivate me to continually improve myself.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    welcome! Week number 2 for me, and I love this site!
  • tara7909
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site for support! I also am trying to lose the baby weight I gained. My son is now almost 2 and I really have had a hard time losing weight!
    Good luck to you!
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Stephie4577: I'm just getting started too. I would love to help support you the best way I can. I too could use some support. It gets so lonely sometimes and for me, it's helpful to know someone else is right there with me. Let me know if there's anything I can do and know that I'm right there with YOU!

'Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • stephie4577
    Options
    Thanks everyone! So I'm doing good thinking about food choices and I'm down 4lbs since joining but I'm struggling with actually logging in and recording. I am making a goal to do it daily and recording food, it is time to be accountable for what goes in my mouth each day! Then we'll work on the exercising goal, which used to come 2nd hand to me. 10 years ago, I was a runner and did 4 miles daily! Amazing how much your life & body can change in 10 years. The thought of running 1/2 mile pains me, I've gotten so out of shape and so distracted with taking care of everyone besides myself.
  • Pepsilady405
    Options
    You are so stinking sweet Steph!!!!
  • kidzmom1430
    Options
    Welcome. This is my very first day and so far so good. I didn't realize just how much I was eating! I love that this site helps you track this. Several people at work have had great results and I'm looking forward to getting healthier.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and I have three sons so I can relate to what you are saying. Three babies later found me several pounds overweight. I have lost a substantial amount but still working on it. Hope you enjoy your time in MFP. Good buddy support in here and heaps of advice that will probably confuse the heck out of you lol but all from well meaning people with plenty of knowledge and experiences to share :smile:
  • llfrausto
    llfrausto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined too. Going on week 4. I'm a mom of 3 and work too. This program is really working. You can add me if you'd like:)
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I too am fighting back from the baby weight. 4 kids and basically didn't loose after each got me to almost 200 lbs. my " no go #". Have had good success here. Feel free to add me. :-)