BEER!!

Options

Replies

• wmass1
    wmass1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in your shoes man. I love my beers. I think the answer your looking for is if you can responsibly have a couple for a treat then cool. If you think you can drink like you do now and still lose weight, not likely. Trust me I been fighting this for a while and it helped get me here too!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    We lived in Germany for 1 1/2 years and had real beer. I can't drink that domestic junk anymore. Too watered down.
  • ding30180
    ding30180 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Check it out. ==> www.dingsbeerblog.com
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm a quality over quantity kinda girl. Yeungling, Sam Adams or some local microbrews (Berkshire Brewing Co-BBC or Lefty's). 450 cals per 22 oz on the Lefty's...but it is worth every one! I'd rather have water than any of the mainstream "Lites".
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Guiness

Holy crap I LOVE Guiness!

Just the thought of it makes me drool.

I only WISH it were low calorie. I can easily drink my day's calories in thick, delicious Guiness.
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Beerophile here.
    Yep, Guiness Stout.
    Used to brew my own stuff and drink only micro-brew stuff.

However, I'm on a diet. :(
    The two I've found that still halfway pass as beer and yet have low calories are Natural Light (95 calories) and Rolling Rock Light (90 calories). The "Ultras" and 55 calorie stuff just tastes like water, can't go there.
    I am going to probably have to hand my man card, but I also add a lime wedge to ease the poor flavor of each.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    what's a low calorie beer? no. no no no.

i'll take a good hefty stout any day. screw the calories, as long as it fits into my daily goal.

favorite at the moment is Aventinus. Probably because it's delicious, and all but impossible to find in my area.

Amen to that. If I can't drink a quality beer, then I'm drinking no beer.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Coors Light or Corona (not sure if Corona is 'light' but after 2 or 3 I couldn't give a damn!)
  • miley89
    miley89 Posts: 8
    Options
    Any
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Beerophile here.
    Yep, Guiness Stout.
    Used to brew my own stuff and drink only micro-brew stuff.

However, I'm on a diet. :(
    The two I've found that still halfway pass as beer and yet have low calories are Natural Light (95 calories) and Rolling Rock Light (90 calories). The "Ultras" and 55 calorie stuff just tastes like water, can't go there.
    I am going to probably have to hand my man card, but I also add a lime wedge to ease the poor flavor of each.

There is a micro-brewery in my town that has a beer called "Oil Change Stout"

It's like Guiness with a hint of dark chocolate. It sticks to the glass. OMG. Heaven.

I can't go there on this diet.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Beer no way it gets in the way of doing COKE!!!! Bud light if I have too or vodka lime/cranberry
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Shipyard, Gearys, Sam Adams, Boston Beer Works...pretty much any micro brew beer with flavor...depends on the time of year, Sam Summer now...love Shipyard Pumpkinhead!!

Yum! Boston Beer!

My favorite is Andrew's Porter. He's a local brewer right around the corner from where I live in Maine.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm surrounded by micro-breweries so the beer is all darker, heavier and damn good!

Can't stomach miller, bud, etc. My thought is if you can see through your beer, it isn't worth drinking!
  • Fit_and_Healthy
    Options
    I enjoy a large variety of beers. Moosehead, Spotted Cow, Newcastle, Stella, and many others like them. You will never catch me with some crappy miller or budweiser product in my hand. (unless its the only crap available at an event or something)
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Belhaven's Best
  • judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love Harpoon IPA or Magic Hat 's IPA. I usually have a beer with my cheat meal.
  • tpk57
    tpk57 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'd rather have bourbon
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmBEER! cant have just one or two...or four...
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm another big beer guy. My top 5:

1. St. Bernardus ABT 12
    2. Bell's Hopslam
    3. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale
    4. Bell's Two-Hearted Ale
    5. Stone Arrogant *kitten* (Hey, I drink what I am)

Unfortunately, none of those are what you would call "low calorie." On the days I have a beer with dinner and plan to stick within calories, I'd rather have a "sippin' beer" that I really enjoy than something watered down that takes all night to get a buzz. The Bigfoot I had last night was 330 calories for a single bottle. But it was *soooooooooo* worth it (even though I ended up out of calorie range).

If I'm in a setting where I know I'm going to be drinking a bunch (think tailgating or poker game or such), I'll go with either Yeungling (120-130 calories per 12 oz) or Miller Lite (96 calories per 12 oz) -- I'm not so much of a beer snob that I won't guzzle the swill in the right setting.

For what it's worth, the only times beer has ever made me hungover was after drinking Budweiser products, doesn't matter which kind -- Bud Light, normal ol' Bud, and the worst was Bud Select. Turrible. Just turrible.
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Usually old Stella, Carlsberg or Becks...

Haven't really drank many of the others apart from when I was maybe a little too drunk to remember the taste :S