BEER!!

Options

Replies

• Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    Rolling Rock

or a regular Budweiser, I hate lite beers, if I can't drink a regular beer I would rather not drink it.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The lower calorie beers also have a lower alcohol content a lot of times, which means you often end up drinking MORE of them to get the same feeling, thus each one has less calories but all totalled you may end up consuming more calories. Be careful...

I'm a Wisconsin girl born and raised, and I have 5 brothers. I cannot drink light (*cough* pansy *cough*) beer, I drink REAL beer. If it has more calories, so be it, I'll work them into my day. Plus I don't drink that often any more so when I do I don't really worry about it all that much if it goes over. There's no point in working hard for all of this if the only thing you can focus on is this. Life is about balance, and for me, drinking beer is part of that balance. I go for it.

I'm a local girl, I've got to have my WISCONSIN BEER!

My favorite beer is absolutely Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss
    Also New Glarus Spotted Cow (which you probably haven't had if you're not from WI, they only sell in state limits)
    And my classic standby is Miller High Life.
    PBR is a classic, but now they moved to LA of all places from Milwaukee. My grandma won't drink anything else but PBR lol.

What can I say, I like to support my local economy.
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There is a micro-brewery in my town that has a beer called "Oil Change Stout"

It's like Guiness with a hint of dark chocolate. It sticks to the glass. OMG. Heaven.

I can't go there on this diet.

Sounds spectacular. I like a little hint of burnt black coffee too. Perfect.
    A good Porter is hard to find. I like them a little syrupy, not foamy.

Dang it. Now I'm thirsty.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a large variety of beers. Moosehead, Spotted Cow, Newcastle, Stella, and many others like them. You will never catch me with some crappy miller or budweiser product in my hand. (unless its the only crap available at an event or something)

You must be from WI haha.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    michelob ultra / ultra amber.

if we're talking full flavor, i like red stripe, but i since i genuinely like ultra, i consider full flavor a bit of a waste of calories for me.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm another big beer guy. My top 5:

1. St. Bernardus ABT 12
    2. Bell's Hopslam
    3. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale
    4. Bell's Two-Hearted Ale
    5. Stone Arrogant *kitten* (Hey, I drink what I am)

omg St. Bernardus beer?

want, just based on the name
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a girly beer drinker. I love Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and Sam Adam's Cream Stout.

The only time I've ever drank a 64 or 55 calorie beer was the time someone challenged me to a chugging contest. Of course I wouldn't pick anything heavier!!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Probably one of the best chocolate beers I have ever had. It's not a "pound them till I get drunk" type beer, but just a good "have one with diiner/desert" type beer.

If I am out drinking, then it's Smithwicks for me.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Probably one of the best chocolate beers I have ever had. It's not a "pound them till I get drunk" type beer, but just a good "have one with diiner/desert" type beer.

Oh yeah, Young's Double Chocolate Stout is DELICIOUS!!!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Former home-brewer here; grew my own hops and had recipes like Moosedrool ale, and my favorite doppelboch "Dilator".

Top 5:

1. Lagunitas Brewery, Wilco Tango Foxtrot Ale
    2. Green Flash Brewery Sculpin American IPA
    3. Karl Strauss Beach comber Pilsner
    4. Green Flash IPA aged in Cognac barrels (draft only)
    5. Theakston's Olde Peculiar

If I have to exercise more on the stairmaster, I will. When I lived in Australia I learned that Aussies thought of American miller and Bud something like making love in a canoe..."It's effing close to water, mate!"
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a girly beer drinker. I love Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and Sam Adam's Cream Stout.

I made a Vanilla Porter cake and frosting with the Breckenridge a few months ago. It was so moist, rich and dense. Oh man it was heavenly.
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options

Oh yeah, Young's Double Chocolate Stout is DELICIOUS!!!

I don't get out much, I had no idea there was chocolate beer....I need to look into this.
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like Coors Light but until more weight is gone it is Canadian 67 for this girl.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love Yuengling, too! We can't get it here.

I have friends that only drink Amstel Light because it's two Weight Watchers points. What's the point if it tastes like slough water?

I like Oberon, but it's only seasonal.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I won't lie, I judge you by what you drink.

Microbreweries FTW: Lefthand Brewing, Magic Hat, Boston Beer, Shipyard Ale, New Belgian, Denver Beer Co, and on and on and on!

Life's too short to drink S***ty beer.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I feel like a Cheeky Blonde but it's too early in the morning
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Love Corona.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options