Resistance Band exercise

Hello, I'm new to this exercise thing and have a question: A few weeks ago I started walking @5 times a week. This weekend I've decided to add some form of strength training so I picked up one of those resistance band kits (Band and video) and I started doing that. I wanted to add it to my exercise for the day, but I'm not sure how to count it? For instance this morning I did the 20 minute segment for my arms How do I account for it? Thanks

Replies

• mzaccardi
    mzaccardi Posts: 29 Member
    Hello, I'm new to this exercise thing and have a question: A few weeks ago I started walking @5 times a week. This weekend I've decided to add some form of strength training so I picked up one of those resistance band kits (Band and video) and I started doing that. I wanted to add it to my exercise for the day, but I'm not sure how to count it? For instance this morning I did the 20 minute segment for my arms How do I account for it? Thanks
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Weight training under cardio.

It's disappointing calories, but good for you!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    ahh, best way is to use an HRM, but other then that, you should be able to google resistance training calories and give a best estimate. I'm not sure how accurate the weight training calories on here are since I've never used it.
  • mzaccardi
    mzaccardi Posts: 29 Member
    Thank you for your responses. I did a quick search online for it and didn't find anything conclusive. All I know is that after the first work out, and for about an hour after, my arms were still feeling it! I guess in the long run it doesn't matter how exact it is, as long as your doing something good for yourself.

Thanks again.