Muscle

Options
So I've recently started upping my working out to 5-6 days a week. I'm mostly taking fitness classes. Since I've started my new work out regiment I haven't seen the scale change much. I know that I could be gaining muscle mass but do you think that because I'm working out more I should also up my calories? Right now my setting is under lightly active, should I update my settings to active or very active?

Thank you!

Replies

• Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So I've recently started upping my working out to 5-6 days a week. I'm mostly taking fitness classes. Since I've started my new work out regiment I haven't seen the scale change much. I know that I could be gaining muscle mass but do you think that because I'm working out more I should also up my calories? Right now my setting is under lightly active, should I update my settings to active or very active?

Thank you!
    To build muscle you need to lift and lift heavy (for you)
  • dixeyk
    dixeyk Posts: 20
    Options
    I don't lift and I've seen muscle replace fat. My pant size has gone down and even I can see in the mirror that I am losing inches but my weight is actually up a few pounds. My GP put it to me this way. A pound of fat is roughly the size of a brick and a pound of muscle is roughly the size of a bar of soap. Clearly some muscle is being built.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't lift and I've seen muscle replace fat. My pant size has gone down and even I can see in the mirror that I am losing inches but my weight is actually up a few pounds. My GP put it to me this way. A pound of fat is roughly the size of a brick and a pound of muscle is roughly the size of a bar of soap. Clearly some muscle is being built.
    How many lb's have you gained? Over how long of a time period? And what are you doing to tear down the muscle fibers to ge them to grow?