P90X vs. Insanity?

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
Hello, MFP! :)

I'm a college student and currently live in a second floor apartment. Next semester I will be in the same complex, but am unsure of which floor I will be on. Currently, I run 4-5 days a week and do cross training with elliptical, bike, etc. the remainder of the week. Each day, I do a little conditioning/strength training as well. While home on breaks I use a gym that has group classes, and I LOVE them! However, you have to pay extra to do group classes at my university, so I just use my apartment gym for free.

I have a HRM, and am very interested in Insanity/P90X. I'd like to add more variety to my workouts, and since I can't do group classes, I've decided to look into both of these. My question is, which is better for a small space for movement, calorie burn, and doing if you have neighbors below you?

Thanks! :D

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Well Steph, you know I was going to say Insanity :laugh: ..I live on the first floor in my apartment complex and I have a spacious place, so I can move around when doing Insanity. I think both workouts include jumping, etc. But I recommend Insanity since this is the only one I am familiar with :)
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Im currently doing insanity and I live on the second floor of an apartment building. There is definitely some jumping involved so I try to land softly and I work out without shoes on lol. I don't have a heart rate monitor but damn if it doesn't kick your butt.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I live on a 2nd floor apartment as well. I do P90X right now and I follow the classic plan. Being on the 2nd floor can be difficult when doing Plyometrics due all the jumping involved, Kenpo X has a little bit of jumping too. What I do to keep from irritating my downstairs neighbor is get two well padded mats on top of each other and jump on that. It helps absorb most of the jump so they don't hear the constant thumping. Although it is still difficult on occasions to stay on the mat.