Fatty food sitting in your gut!

Options
GIGINATOR
GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
I went to my sisters baby shower yesterday and I had already planned ahead for this to be my cheat day so I wasn't worried. Breakfast at home was OK- egg beaters omelette with veggies (green pepper, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes), whole wheat toast and coffee.
Then on to the shower, I had 4 swedish meatballs, a very small scoop of mostacolli, maybe 1/2 cup of chinese coleslaw, 1 cup of cheesy hashed brown potatoes, fresh fruit, a small piece of cake with cream cheese frosting (YUM!) and one cookie. Not really overindulgent but definitely not like I have been eating for the last three months. Anyway, about an hour after I ate, I felt SOOOO SICK! I think my body was in shock from the fatty foods. I felt so bad that I couldn't even eat dinner. I ended up eating a few pieces of toast before I went to bed. So overall I probably didn't go that far over my calories but just my fat intake was up. Now I know that I don't even want to indulge myself and risk feeling like that again.
So long story short, I have come a long way since the beginning of the year and I am staying with it. I have a whole new outlook on life and eating. Anyone else have this happen to them or something similar? Would love to hear about your success. Good luck to everyone and thank you for all the support I have gotten from all of you out there!!! It sure does help!

Angie

Replies

• GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I went to my sisters baby shower yesterday and I had already planned ahead for this to be my cheat day so I wasn't worried. Breakfast at home was OK- egg beaters omelette with veggies (green pepper, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes), whole wheat toast and coffee.
    Then on to the shower, I had 4 swedish meatballs, a very small scoop of mostacolli, maybe 1/2 cup of chinese coleslaw, 1 cup of cheesy hashed brown potatoes, fresh fruit, a small piece of cake with cream cheese frosting (YUM!) and one cookie. Not really overindulgent but definitely not like I have been eating for the last three months. Anyway, about an hour after I ate, I felt SOOOO SICK! I think my body was in shock from the fatty foods. I felt so bad that I couldn't even eat dinner. I ended up eating a few pieces of toast before I went to bed. So overall I probably didn't go that far over my calories but just my fat intake was up. Now I know that I don't even want to indulge myself and risk feeling like that again.
    So long story short, I have come a long way since the beginning of the year and I am staying with it. I have a whole new outlook on life and eating. Anyone else have this happen to them or something similar? Would love to hear about your success. Good luck to everyone and thank you for all the support I have gotten from all of you out there!!! It sure does help!

Angie
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I hear ya! One night due to circumstance, we ordered pizza. I got a thin crust veggie pizza thinking it would be my best option. Two pieces later, I felt like I had eaten rocks and couldn't stand how I felt.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I felt the exact same way on Easter. We went to a fancy buffet and I ate about a plate and a half counting loooots of dessert stuff and I felt HORRIBLE.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I also overdid it on Easter...didn't gain but I felt HORRIBLE!!:sick:
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've only been eating right for about 3 weeks now and this past saturday we went to a Japanese Curry restuarant (stationed in Japan) and I ordered Pork Cutlet with only 200 grams of rice. Well I ate maybe half of what they gave me (way less than what I used to eat there) and about 30 minutes after I ate I felt MISERABLE!!! all the more incentive to keep doing what i'm doing!!!
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    About 2 weeks ago my mother in law and niece came to visit from eastern NC. They bought soft shell crabs with them and fried them up. This used to be something I LOVED to eat and when I lived closer to the beach ate them at least once a week. I ate one that she had fried and I woke up that night with the WORST stomach cramps. :sick: I was in agony for 2 hours! Since I've moved further inland I haven't been eating fried foods so I guess my body was trying to reject it as adequate substinance. I doubt I'll ever eat anything fried ever again!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yep! I just cannot eat the junk I used to eat anymore.

Once your body gets used to be treated right and you have so much more energy and just feel better from eating healthier foods, it is hard to eat the stuff that weighs you down. (literally!)

I enjoy healthier foods and making better choices. You CAN eat very well and a lot of food if you make wise choices. I would rather do that AND feel great at the end of the day. :)

Keep up the good work!