Any 5'6, 125 - 135lb girls out there?

Options
Love to keep in touch with any other 5'6 ladies out there who are between 125 and 135lbs and trying to lose a small amount and/ or shape up. Everyone seems to agree weight loss is harder for those of us not technically overweight, so i'd like to know how you're doing it or plan to do it! What are your goals and why?

I'm 31, 5'6 and 130lbs. My goal is 115lb, but more importantly to fit into size 8 (UK) jeans. I've been at this for a month now, trying to eat healthy and exercise as much as possible. Finding it really hard to work out a good calorie level to stick to.

Replies

• grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    I think weight loss is hard for everybody no matter what size or how much you have to lose. Good luck with your journey.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Didn't mean to say it wasn't hard. Should have said slower rather than harder.
  • TXGaToRgiRl88
    Options
    I am 5'6 and currently 129lbs (if weighed in the morning before I eat or drink anything). I started out at 135 and have lost 6 lbs in about a month or so.

My job keeps me pretty sedintary so, I had to get up and start seriously moving in order to get any results. I started using a trainer who has given me a meal plan. I get 3 cheat meals a week and oh boy do I use them ha ha.

For me, it has been 45-60 min of cardio on Tues & Thurs; burning at least 300 cals every 10 min of my cardio workout. Then Mon, Wed, and Fri I do 45 min of strength training with some cardio (5 min @ 6mph) inbetween every 3rd exercice.

My motivation to lose some fat and gain muscle is to love doing just that, working out. The more you LOVE what you do, the more results you'll get out of it. And that is true of anything in life. In high school I weighed 115lbs and stayed at that weight until I got a desk job about a year ago. I know I was healthier at that weight and ate very well back then. So I am just looking to get back to being me. I want to enjoy taking care of my body, through healthy eating and exercise.
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    I would kill to have your body! Since you are not overweight and are trying to lose inches the only thing I know of is to completey change up your routine. I've heard it you start eating differently and doing completely different workouts than what you have been doing you will see a change. Not sure if it will work but worth a try.
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7 and around 135lb. I started off at 185lb but have lost 60lb! I am not trying to tone up like you and am also training for a half marathon. Feel free to add me! :)
  • goblue443
    goblue443 Posts: 50
    Options
    I am about 2 inches shorter than 5'6" but would love to have some more friends around the same height. I feel as though I am in the same situation where I don't have a ton to lose but would love to lose inches and body fat. Everyone feel free to add me :)
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Have added you both x
  • baileybowman
    baileybowman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I was 125-135, but now i'm at 115-118.. maybe i can be motivating! the highest i've ever been was 170 in 2003.
  • jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. My starting weight was about 135. I am 123 now, on a good day :) Trying to get closer to the 120 mark. The closer I get the harder it is to stay motivated!
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    thanks ladies, so good to hear there are others similar to me. Added you both xx
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm slightly taller than 5'6" and also have an ultimate goal weight of 115 pounds, however my main goal is 120 pounds. I'm currently 129 pounds after losing just over 40 pounds, I used to weigh 170. I'm 19. I know what you mean about it beimg slow, these last 10-15 pounds are going to come off slowly! Feel free to add me :)
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weight around 121/122lbs, my goal is between 100-115lbs. That's where I'm most comfortable with how I look even though it's a huge range to want to settle in-between. :ohwell: In 2009 I weighed around 150-160lbs. My goal is to get into a regular running and bike riding routine again.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • hnordtvedt
    hnordtvedt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" (close enough! right?) and weigh 135lbs. The most I've ever weighed is 140, and that's very recent. I'm definitely a pear shape. My thighs and butt are my problem areas. I wear a 10 just for my huge bottom half! I've started Couch to 5k (halfway through the program now and am totally falling in love with running) and I've completely changed the way I eat. I feel so much better, and I'm finding it very easy to drop these few pounds I want to get rid of (no more than 15lbs max). I'm mostly wanting to tone up and just get in better shape overall. Glad I found this thread!
  • sorce9
    sorce9 Posts: 8
    Options
    Im 31
    5'6"
    133lbs
    New and no friends, lol
  • SkinnyMD
    SkinnyMD Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! :) I'm 5'6, currently 119lbs and my goal is to be 105lbs. I used to weight at my highest at 143lbs
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    Add me!:D I'm 5'6", 125ish lbs (I fluctuate a lot between 124 and 128) and my 'dream' goal is 115 but my more realistic goal is 120. I say that because even 120 lbs is difficult for me to maintain, but it would be nice if someday I was able to get even lower than that. Btw You have a beautiful body! My chest is so flat now that I've lost weight, booo!! :(
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    Options
    5'7 :) 130lb want to be 125lb
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    Me! 5'6" at 131, wanting to be in the 120's. Goal is 125-128 so not much to lose, but can't seem to lose any! Well, I do fluctuate 2 pounds regularly. ;)
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    Bump
  • debzv
    debzv Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi ladies! Please add me as well. I am new and haven't added any friends yet.
    I am 5'4 and 127lb and am aiming for 116lb. I love exercise and push myself really hard. But chocolate is a serious downfall and I keep cheating and undoing all my hard work at the gym...Would be great if we can support and motivate each other!!!