What do you use for a reward?

Options
So, I'm one of those people who tends to use food as a reward. Clearly, not a great idea. I know a lot of people use clothing as they lose weight to reward themselves. I'm not opposed to that, but it's just not as much fun for me as it could be. So far, I've used plants and a kitten as successful motivators, and I'm curious, what does everyone else here do?

Replies

• ladyprofaz
    Options
    I tend to not use my vacation days at work and lose them so I have decided to take a day off work for every 10 pounds and have a spa day with a massage and mani/pedi. It is working!
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    So far, I have done books and makeup. Also, an easel, tanning, a haircut, shoes. At my final goal I am doing clothes-- a several hundred dollar shopping spree! Food is out as a reward!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    lol I bought a canon t2i at around 100lbs lost and I just got an iPhone today. Things I would have bought after saving up normally but instead I am forcing myself to lose a certain amount of weight as part of the bargain for specific purchases.

Small stuff ? I usually schedule an hour of gaming in or a cup of 220 calorie ice cream.
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My rewards...

10lbs lost - New running shoes
    15lbs lost - Polar Heart Rate Monitor
    20lbs lost - Sephora and Honeyfig Haul
    25lbs lost - workout gear
    30lbs lost - Salon visit and Sunglasses
    35lbs lost - New wardrobe!
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same thing and my fitness trainer reminded me that I am not disposal and not use food as reward. So I want to get myself a fitbit or heart rate monitor.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I go shopping alot and I also got a tattoo :D Final reward will be a huge shopping spree and prob another tatt
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    ahaha my rewards are usually clothes but at 15 lbs i got my bellybutton pierced!!! :)
  • Oobs
    Oobs Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm saving up to make several big purchases. Whenever I do something reward-worthy, I quantify it and put that money aside. If you have the means, do it with a separate no-fee bank account that is not tied to a debit/credit card, so you can't impulsively spend it. This way I'm not limited to small purchases or spending too much money on celebrating my minor (but important!) achievements.
  • jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i'm re-piercing my ears, one hole for each 10 lbs lost (i owe myself three right now!) and getting my new tattoo at my goal weight.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    All my rewards so far have been fitness related... HRM, Body fat Analyzer, Fitness Books, Workout clothes, My "Endorphin Junkie" shirt (the one in my pic-was my reward for 50 lbs lost) When I hit my ultimate goal I plan on getting a new wardrobe and possibly go all out by getting my hair/nails done as well.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "End" result will probably be a rather large tattoo, either sleeve or back. Right now my reward is lifting more weight and getting stronger. Otherwise I'll reward myself with fitness related things. Maybe a new power belt or wrist wraps here soon.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want a hamster, so, if I lose the weight I need to by the time I want to, hubby is going to buy me a hamster or two with loads of Rotastak cages for it, including the Pink Palace. http://www.petsathome.com/shop/pink-palace-housing-unit-by-rotastak-78051
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Booze. And tattoos.

And new running shoes don't hurt, either.

I'm easy.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I actually use food as a motivation!! I love, love, love raspberries but when they aren't in season they're really expensive. So if I keep myself in line for two weeks, on on pay day I'll buy a pint. Or I'll buy a jar of almond butter instead of peanut butter, etc.

Otherwise, when I hit my 'reward weights' I'll go for a bottle of nail polish or new makeup. Something that isn't overly expensive, but keeps me motivated and helps me feel pretty :)