HELP- What is your fav. healthy snack?

Options
I've tried yogurt before, just the cheap flavored kind (strawberry cheesecake, things like that) and didn't really like them. Right now there is a whole lot of rave about Chobani greek yogurt, so I decided to give that a try. Right now I'm having some Chobani Honey flavored Greek Yogurt with granola added in, and it is kind of making me feel like I'm eating sour cream with granola. And I have to say, every time I take a bite I just feel like I'm making a face! Could I just not be a yogurt person, or is it something you kind of have to keep eating and "get used to it"? I have a vanilla greek yogurt and an plain greek yogurt in the refridgerator that I haven't opened yet. I don't know if I'm cut out for eating yogurt lol. SO, I am asking all of you what is your favorite ' good for you' snack!? :)

Replies

• JoanKB54
    JoanKB54 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you like ranch style dressing on your salad, I found a recipe on Pinterest. You use a cup of plain Greek yogurt, a package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (the dry ingredients) and 1/2 cup milk. Just whisk up and refrigerate until chilled and desired consistency. The whole container is supposed to just have 255 calories. Should be about 20 servings. You could use it on salads or to dip carrot sticks and celery sticks in. I haven't tried it yet, but I got the ingredients at the store yesterday. So I hope it's good!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Made my own baked apples in my crock pot with lots of cinnamon in it and enjoy a single serving with a cup of coffee with flavored stevia in it. Delish :)
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If you like ranch style dressing on your salad, I found a recipe on Pinterest. You use a cup of plain Greek yogurt, a package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (the dry ingredients) and 1/2 cup milk. Just whisk up and refrigerate until chilled and desired consistency. The whole container is supposed to just have 255 calories. Should be about 20 servings. You could use it on salads or to dip carrot sticks and celery sticks in. I haven't tried it yet, but I got the ingredients at the store yesterday. So I hope it's good!

Oh I loooove the ranch seasoning packet for dip! I've never even thought about using yogurt (as I said, I haven't really like it.) I bet it would be good with yogurt though!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I like apple crisps, very sweet and about 70 calories a bag. There are recipes online for making these yourself, but I always bought mine from the health store.

I also love apple rice cakes, marmite rice cakes etc.

And I love pears and trail mix (although the latter can pack the calories in so is perhaps not so healthy for weight loss).

Also love skinny cow, and frozen yoghurt.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I have 3 favorite healthy snacks:

1. Bacon
    2. Chocolate Milk
    3. Peanut Butter
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Emerald 100 calorie pack of almonds cocoa or cinnamon flavor. Yum
  • dms1974
    dms1974 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Pickles/Cucumbers
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    carrots and humus!!! or apples and peanut butter... or some kasha golean with almond milk.... or a handful of almonds....or a yummy high fiber bar... hmm what else... beef jerky!

dont force yourself on the yoghurt, a lot of people don't enjoy it :) but u can always give the other ones a try!!
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I LOVE homemade hummus or black bean salsa for a savory snack. For something sweet, I like to make sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding...yum! For something a little more filling during the day, low fat or fat free ricotta with some splenda and either almond extract or unsweetened cocoa (you have the sweetner to make it sweet)...it's DE-LISH!
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    As far as Chobani goes, I think the pineapple, peach, and mango flavors are the least "yogurt-y" tasting.
    I also like fruit salads and smoothies for snacks. Natural and guilt-free. I usually put unsweetened almond milk in my smoothies, but soymilk is also great because it has a fair amount of protein.
    Hummus with raw vegetables is also one of my faves. I also enjoy steamed vegetables sprinked with a little vinegar or one of Annie's lite dressings.
    If I'm craving something sweet, sometimes I spread organic fruit preserves on a slice of ezekiel bread- super yummy, and relatively low-cal.
    If I'm on the go, sometimes I just grab a Luna bar. They are more of a sweet treat than anything, but at least they are mostly organic and contain a good amount of essential nutrients.
    A handful of almonds is good for snacking, and so are raw tomatoes (or cherry/grape tomatoes)- so low-cal!
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The only way I've been able to stomach yogurt (yucky consistency) is to buy Yoplait Whips! and put them in the freezer. I give myself a treat every night by eating one. It's just like legal ice cream!
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • carmendroberts
    carmendroberts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of regular yogurt but i love greek yogurt, but for me i had to get used to the taste. My favorite snack is Fage 0% greek yogurt (plain no flavor) its bitter by itself, but i add a cut up apple, cinnamon and just a couple chopped walnuts. the greek yogurt itself is only 100 cals, 18 gr of protien! and 7 gr of sugar. I eat this a couple hours before a workout and it keeps me really full. my co-worker adds a bit of splenda or truvia to hers because it's not sweet enough for her...
    The 100 calorie pack microwave pop corn is also pretty tasty and it's nice that they're 100 calories because i can eat an entire bag of regular size microwave popcorn!
    An apple and a light string cheese is also one of my fav snacks. Good luck!
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    I like all the Chobani's, but maybe the Greek Consistency is what you arent liking? Try just normal plain yogurt and put in your own fruit so its more your taste. I like hummus and carrots or pita bread, apples with peanut butter or pb2, and my favorite as of late is a pack or 2 of emerald 100 calorie nuts. I like all the flavors, but my favorite is just the natural walnuts and almonds. They are soo good and the walnuts taste like cherries too me, its so yum. I also make home-made juices and smoothies, which are about 200 calories and really healthy. There are a lot of options out there.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Oh I loooove the ranch seasoning packet for dip! I've never even thought about using yogurt (as I said, I haven't really like it.) I bet it would be good with yogurt though!

I've also seen people on pinterest use a ranch packet & mix it with cottage cheese & eat it with veggies for protein. I thought it was a great idea, but I'm more of a balsalmic viniagrette gal myself.

I sometimes snack on nuts. But they have a lot of calories, so you have to really limit..

Usually I like greek yogurt or smoothies or fruit (bananas or berries), though.

Also, hummus and either veggies or tricuits is really good.

If you're not into yogurt, don't force yourself, just find something else that you like. There are *tons* of healthy options.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    1. Sliced Apple with Peanut Butter
    2. Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt with Half Thawed Mixed Berries
    3. Corn Thins (Like Rice Cakes) with Sliced Avocado and Cucumbers
  • MRJ717
    MRJ717 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i personally LOVE the dannon oikos nonfat greek yogurt. my favorite is the blueberry but peach and strawberry are great too.
  • swood0114
    swood0114 Posts: 43
    Options
    Like others have said, definitely try the peach chobani! I also like to buy plain and add splenda +whatever I'm in the mood for! That might be a good option for you because you're in charge of the sweetness. Sometimes I'll mix plain greek yogurt, splenda, and vanilla together, and dip strawberry slices into it.

But otherwise: 100 calorie bags of popcorn, refried beans mixed with a laughing cow light queso wedge, instant oatmeal (reduced sugar, if you're not looking for a big sugar load,) peanut butter toast, and egg white omelets with a little parmesan cheese for flavor!
  • judysaprincess
    Options
    I use Greek yogurt for a sour cream substitute...I love Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds, Hummus and carrots or celery and really am into zucchini and avocado mixed together :)
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Turkey rolled up with a string cheese.