New here with almost 100 lbs to lose

Options
Hi everyone, I just joined and so I am introducing myself.

I am a 60 (soon to be 61) year old female.

I decided this is the year to get healthy so I joined the gym and hired a personal trainer a month ago. So far things are going well. I have only lost about 3 lbs but the good news is I am down a size :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone and participating in the discussions!

Lynn

Replies

• jrod67
    jrod67 Posts: 13
    Options
    Me too but I have 135 to get rid of.
  • Moonstruk
    Moonstruk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you are consistent with logging your foods and add more exercise to your regimen, you are sure to see success!
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    I lost 125 pounds through hard work and determination. Anyone can do it if you want it bad enough. You can do it!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your loss and your new motivation~ You're gonna do great.... :smile:
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:

This is a great place with lots of wonderful support. I have over 100 lbs to lose as well. I spend a lot of time at my gym and also work out with a personal trainer. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! MFP is a wonderful tool...keep making healthy changes and you'll see great results!
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also we have a group for people with 100 or more to lose!! It is called 100 + pounds with No surgery! We are a very supportive group! Please feel free to join us!
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You will find such inspiration on this site! I am fairly new (started at the end of January) and I have lost 26 pounds so far. I still have about 45 more to go, but I am feeling so much better! Hang in there! The most important thing is to NEVER GIVE UP!
  • christinac1011
    Options
    welcome this is a great program lots of support:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    Good Luck. It can be done taking it one day at a time.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome!
  • terry_mtb
    terry_mtb Posts: 45
    Options
    I am there right with you...this is my year! I am getting older but I am not done ..Request me as a friend
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Welcome....glad you joined us! I am sure you are going to do great! Great people here, very supportive and ready to push you on when the going gets tough!

I urge you to take this one day at a time and I congratulate you for taking charge of your health. I am 51 yrs old post menopausal and drinking some meds that accumulate fat as a side effect, but I decided nothing was going to get in my way to a healthier me!

Feel free to add me....I almost live on this site:laugh:
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also! I'm in need of some good support from people who are going through the same thing.
  • mtm77
    mtm77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • 1982jess
    1982jess Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi i just started this with my ma today. We both have over 100lbs to lose but I am starting there. My first big goal is to lose 100lbs. My little goal is to lose at least 30lbs by July 1st for my bros wedding :) i need all the support anyone can give. Thanks!
  • kelly1167
    kelly1167 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Right here with you. I have 100 to go. Good luck, and keep logging...
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    slow and easy, its not a sprint. Welcome.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    You will love this site..and all the support you get!
  • Jacyz
    Jacyz Posts: 2
    Options
    It's daunting but people do it all the time. I'm in the same situation. I guess the best way is one day at a time.