A little annoyed but trying not to let it get to me!!

Options
I lost 5 lbs a week or so ago.....of course I was over the moon. Well this week I gained a lb doing the same thing I did the week before. I know I shouldn't judge my progress on the scale b/c when I measured this week I lost an inch in each thigh and 1/2 an inch in my waist so I know I'm still losing. I think I'm going to only weigh once a month or maybe every 2 weeks. Now with it being tom I don't want to get to disappointed.

Replies

• therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't even WORRY about it if tom's in town! All those inches? You are doing GREAT!!!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    TOM? I'm sure you lost weight then! You're retaining water weight, so don't worry. Next week will be better! Congrats on the inches!!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Those are some great numbers for inches lost! The scale is a liar. :smile: I don't weigh very frequently because my weight fluctuates too much. I usually only weigh once/month.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You know the answer. Look in the mirror and be proud of the progress you have made. :)
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you also might have gained some muscle and as we know muscle weighs more than fat :) If you saw measurements go down this is what might have happened :)
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Please do not get discouraged.....I am in the same boat. I have been on this journey since January and have not had any real weight loss but have had inch loss. Keep up your good work.....don't let it get you down! :flowerforyou:
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great job working on not getting stressed! Another pal just posted her same concerns. And everyone reassured her that your weight will fluctuate, but in the long run you will keep losing as long as your sticking to the calories relative to your workout amounts. I only weigh in once a month and take measurements at the same time. It's been working so far. So, keep up your good work, stay calm, be patient with yourself, and you'll be fine! Great job taking this journey! Enjoy! :D
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    Please do not get discouraged.....I am in the same boat. I have been on this journey since January and have not had any real weight loss but have had inch loss. Keep up your good work.....don't let it get you down! :flowerforyou:

I've technically been on my journey since Feb. 2011!!! I have lost 60 lbs total but had a huge holiday plateau and then my dad died in Feb of this year. Well since all that happened I decided to get back on track and start a new page.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Let's do the math.
    Did you eat 3500 calories more than you expended this week? If not, your weight gain is something else. probably water.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau of 55 pounds lost FOREVER!! I hated the scale and I truly believe it hated me back. LOL Seriously though, don't get discouraged. I have stopped weighing in all the time because I was so discouraged with the numbers. I know I am losing inches because of my clothes. I did finally weigh in this week and I had lost 5 lbs, but it has been a month since my last weigh in. Good luck and chin up.
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sorry about you losing your Dad. Please do not be discouraged. What is your routine? I ask because I was told as you build muscle, it shocks it like an injury and it needs water for some time. Which would I rather have? Fewer lbs. or fewer inches? INCHES! Keep on it! 60 lbs is an amazing loss! Grace to you!