new to mfp..

Options
Hi all I'm new to mfp and would like some new friends for support and motivation. I'm looking to loose about 80pounds and this is the year I'm gonna do it. I'm hoping to loose about 10 lbs. A month I just hope I'm being realistic with that goal. Any tips and help of any sort is very welcome.. I'm a terrible emotional eater.. so if anyone has been through it and has achieved there goal is love to know how you did it.. thank you all in Advanced..

Replies

• purple_jelly_bean
    Options
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Be proud because you've made a very important decision and from the way you stated it you are determined to get healthy. I don't know if 10 lbs a month is a good goal to shoot for but if you want to do it you can. If you are looking for people that have succeeded in their goals try to search in the forums for motivation or progress and success stories. There are great people that have accomplished huge goals. These kinds of posts will lift your moral up and get you motivated to keep up YOUR goals. Also instead of turning to food for comfort when getting emotional try to replace it with exercise when possible. Exercise is great for the weight loss and it will flood your system with endorphins when you are finished making you feel good after words. I'm sure you will find lots of support here. Welcome again and good luck with your weight loss.
  • josiebarboza
    Options
    Hi I am new here as well and looking for some motivation and support. I am trying for 10 lbs a month as well and I think it is kind of pushing it since I am just starting out but I am going to try it and see where it gets me. This is my second day on the site but from what I can tell it is the perfect place to meet others with the same goal so good luck and friend me if you want I love meeting new people.
  • MissVickie220
    Options
    I just started 2 day I am trying to lose 70lbs I really need a pen pal too :flowerforyou:
  • MissVickie220
    Options
    I started 2 day too good day had beer but I still have 988 calories but I can't use all them calories 2day I did good though I did my valking read my pro and see pen pals are great looking to excell and need buddies
  • Susan3218
    Susan3218 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to lose around the same amount as you. I sent you a friend request.