Insanity Fast and Furious- Need Reviews/Success Stories!

Options
Insanity Fast and Furious
Has anyone had success with this? Please share and I am thinking about buying it.

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you read the reviews, people have been successful. It's exercise so it's going to be beneficial. My only concern is that it's only 20 minutes long. I'm not sure if it's considered HIIT or not. I'm not a fan of short workouts. I generally need more.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity-fast-furious.do
    http://www.amazon.com/INSANITY-Fast-Furious-Maximum-Fitness/dp/B004PAS756
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MaryPhillips90
    Options
    If you read the reviews, people have been successful. It's exercise so it's going to be beneficial. My only concern is that it's only 20 minutes long. I'm not sure if it's considered HIIT or not. I'm not a fan of short workouts. I generally need more.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity-fast-furious.do
    http://www.amazon.com/INSANITY-Fast-Furious-Maximum-Fitness/dp/B004PAS756

Amazon used to be one of the first places I would go to for reviews, but A LOT of the reviews are paid and aren't "real." It's easy to spot. That's why I come on here and ask. People are more apt to showing pictures, giving measurements, etc.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Amazon used to be one of the first places I would go to for reviews, but A LOT of the reviews are paid and aren't "real." It's easy to spot. That's why I come on here and ask. People are more apt to showing pictures, giving measurements, etc.
    Yeah, but just because one person loses xx amount of pounds and inches doing a workout has no real relation to how your body is going to respond to the same workout. Add in different body composition and eating, and it's all a crap shoot. **shrug**
  • MaryPhillips90
    Options
    The way I see it: If a number of people have success with it, I more than likely will too. I just don't want to spend money on something without details.
  • MaryPhillips90
    Options
    NO ONE has tried it?
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It's very tough but don't expect massive weight loss from doing it as it is only 20 mins (then again, I am one of those who thinks HIIT is great for increasing cardiovascular fitness but next to useless for fat loss).

But yes, it's very hard. I usually tack it on to the end of my shorter runs once I get in or on to the end of some of my shorter cardio workouts (such as P90X Interval X Plus).
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I have done the whole insanity program and this disk came with it. I use it simply when I want something intense to add or don't have time for a real work out. It not a bad DVD for only 20 minutes if that is all the tome you have. If you have more time I would suggest the whole program If you desire intense cardio.
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Okay, first off, the average Insanity workout is 40 mins... they have an add on Ab Routine that's 15 mins... .it's just a bonus done at the end of every two weeks. It's an amazing cardio/fat blaster work out! I love it! I say give it a go, at least you can say you did it. Also, You will sweat your butt off, literally, and feel energized after the workout. Good luck!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I absolutely love it. It is really tough. I only use it on my cardio days. I stick to heavy weight lifting, if you are looking to get toned up and burn some fat then I say go for it.
  • tinalb529
    Options
    I am currently doing Insanity and love it. No I have not lost a mass abundance of weight (on day 35) and I have lost 6 lbs but my body is curving out nicely. So the scale pisses me off hut when I look in the mirror I know my body is transforming for the better. Insanity is worth trying. It is a good work out and although I hate starting I am always proud when I finish. Shaun T is awesome.