What does starvation mode and Easter Bunny have in common?

Options

Replies

• watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    B.S ? I sure hope you mean Bunny Sale young lady.
    You are a fool to start this B.S. again!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    They are both imaginary.

and I believe the earth is flat.

There is a wealth of research (real research not broscience) that has proven that VLCDs result in a significant loss of lean muscle mass which in turn reduces the dieters BMR, it's not rocket science but it does require the ability to read.

I'm gonna guess the size of your right bicep is not the result of doing a lot of curls.
  • watboy
    Options
    Brian that was the worst joke yet. One liners work best.
    They are both imaginary.

and I believe the earth is flat.

There is a wealth of research (real research not broscience) that has proven that VLCDs result in a significant loss of lean muscle mass which in turn reduces the dieters BMR, it's not rocket science but it does require the ability to read.

I'm gonna guess the size of your right bicep is not the result of doing a lot of curls.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    They both make me gain weight.....

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!
  • swetha1234
    Options
    lol
  • watboy
    Options
    I'm available for birthday parties and bar mitzvahs
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Let's see...Starvation mode...leads to seeing things that are there which includes the Easter Bunny.
  • watboy
    Options
    Answer: when you take a closer it's really just something pretending it's not.
    Let's see...Starvation mode...leads to seeing things that are there which includes the Easter Bunny.
  • watboy
    Options
    I'm here all week ladies and gentlemen.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options

You are a troublemaker. Listen!

When someone CONSUMES 1200 calories a day and does not lose weight on the scale, the answer is "eat more" you are starving yourself.

When someone NETS 1200 calories a day, eating back their exercise calories and does not lose weight on the scale, the answer is "you need to eat more" you MUST eat your TDEE!!! I know it works!!!

When someone ups their calories to 1800 or so and exercises, and still does not lose weight on the scale, the answer is "keep it up or eat up to 2100 calories. You will lose weight" & Don't do to much cardio... makes you skinny fat.

All of this "advice" coming rapid fire when most people have no idea how much the OP weighs, their metabolism, frame, previous eating habits, or how much they have to lose.

MFP makes a daily calorie recommendation to lose up to 2 pounds a week by reducing calorie intake accordingly. If everyone feels MFP recommendations are too low, why not start a site that is called, EMF (eat more friend).

I am sorry to be snarky, but I am so tired of people suggesting that people with more than 20% body fat are starving themselves in any way, shape or form while eating 1200-1500 calories a day.
  • watboy
    Options
    So you agree starvation mode is a myth?

When someone CONSUMES 1200 calories a day and does not lose weight on the scale, the answer is "eat more" you are starving yourself.

When someone NETS 1200 calories a day, eating back their exercise calories and does not lose weight on the scale, the answer is "you need to eat more" you MUST eat your TDEE!!! I know it works!!!

When someone ups their calories to 1800 or so and exercises, and still does not lose weight on the scale, the answer is "keep it up or eat up to 2100 calories. You will lose weight" & Don't do to much cardio... makes you skinny fat.

All of this "advice" coming rapid fire when most people have no idea how much the OP weighs, their metabolism, frame, previous eating habits, or how much they have to lose.

MFP makes a daily calorie recommendation to lose up to 2 pounds a week by reducing calorie intake accordingly. If everyone feels MFP recommendations are too low, why not start a site that is called, EMF (eat more friend).

I am sorry to be snarky, but I am so tired of people suggesting that people with more than 20% body fat are starving themselves in any way, shape or form while eating 1200-1500 calories a day.
  • watboy
    Options
    Did you not get my joke

• watboy
    Options
    Did you not get my joke?

[/quote]
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Wel, if you are eating back your TDEE you had better not be losing weight or else see a Dr quickly for other metabolic matters.. TDEE by definition, is what you are really using every day. If you eat that back and are still losing, there is an issue or a miscalculation of your TDEE.
  • liftingheavy
    Options
    Did you not get my joke

Of course I do!

• liftingheavy
    Options
    They are both imaginary.

Of course I get your point and totally agree. Folks here that eat 2000 calories a day say they are starving when they eat 1200-1500, which is at or above the daily recommended allowance.

I am beginning to thing that they harpabout eating 2000 plus a day because they just want folks to continue to gain with them. I have friends who upped thier calories... I am not aruguing that, but their bodies and weight loss goals are different.

Why would ANYONE tell EVERYONE they should eat more and do less cardio on a weight loss site? Not an aneorexic site, a healthy weight loss site.

Maybe folks on the internet do not have your best interests at heart. Maybe they do. Do what works for YOU, and do not be bullied into someting else.
  • clean115
    clean115 Posts: 59
    Options
    Haha thanks for the humorous joke! It's unfortunate that people are about to start a riot over it.

I don't know if starvation mode is real or not, but the reason that people get so offended when you say it's not is because they use it as an excuse to eat more.
  • liftingheavy
    Options
    Did you not get my joke

Yup

• watboy
    Options
    I knew you got it. I just want to pick on you because I like your style.
    Did you not get my joke

Of course I do!

• watboy
    Options
    If there is a riot i'm gonna blame the girl sitting on the steps
    Haha thanks for the humorous joke! It's unfortunate that people are about to start a riot over it.

I don't know if starvation mode is real or not, but the reason that people get so offended when you say it's not is because they use it as an excuse to eat more.