Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wonderful NSV

Alex_is_Hawks
Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
So I've been working on this for a while, and I haven't really been seeing results like other people have.

I know I have a bit of a body dysmorphia when it comes to my figure and a mirror, but yesterday I went to a few stores and tried on some dresses for my brothers wedding in May.

I fit a size 16. I was flabbergasted.

Last year I would have been in a size 24-22. This is huge for me.

and they weren't floaty, stretchy size 16's either.

my favorite was a black and white fitted cocktail dress....

i'm SO excited!

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    i also wanted to mention that I didn't get pics at the time because I was too stunned that I fit much less to take out my iphone and pop a pic.

However, I think I am going to end up with that black and white dress, so when I go back I will take pics for sure!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Oh thanks goodness! I was distraught that there were no pics for a second!

This is huge, Lauren! You don't need to be in a hurry, you just have to do it. I know that better than about anyone :)

You're an inspiration!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Congrats! Looking forward to a photo.
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    So excited for you! You have worked hard!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    You will have alot to celebrate at the wedding!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Excellent!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    That is great! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see the pics!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Thanks Bron, Christy and everyone else.

I know what you mean Bron, I didn't even think of getting a pic and then i'm describing the dress to my mom and my dad and i'm just KICKING myself for not snapping one.

Lauren
  • :smile: Wow, well done! Dont forget to post a picture!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    I so cannot wait to see the pics. I'm sure you rock that dress. Congrats!!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    That's a wonderful NSV for sure!! Congratulations!
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Congrats! That's a huge step. I hope I'll be able to have such a great dressing room moment myself soon enough! :D
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Thanks Everyone!!

It was a fabulous weekend.
  • Congratulations!! :) Stories like this keep me motivated!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    well done...keep up the hard work!
  • Kailel
    Kailel Posts: 61 Member
    Good work! :) I got a dress a few months ago to "shrink into" and I tried it today and have a lot less shrinking than I thought, so I know the feeling. :D
  • meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    That's so great! I really hope you'll continue to see yourself that way and be so proud of the progress you've made!

:)
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Awesome nsv!
  • That is so awesome! I am right there with you. just got some hand-me-down jeans from a friend that are a size 16. I can zip them all and 3 are loose enough to wear now. My biggest jeans from last year were size 22-24.

we're doing it!! go you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!