need some help staying motiviated.

Options
Hey all. I'm new to all this. I've never done the 'message board' thing or the tracking food intake and exercise thing. I have been tracking my food for 6 weeks now and have lost 6 pounds. I haven't been good about exercise. I need support there... where does your energy come from? I'm always SO tired and don't feel like doing anything but know I have to. This week starts a change in that attitude, I'm ready to get on track.

Replies

• AC417
    AC417 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Taking a good multivitamin made a huge difference for me in terms of energy. Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, and less processed foods, makes a big difference too.
  • carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the 6 pounds....thats great!!! I recently started doing that evil thing called exercise. My advice is to start small, 20 minutes a day and then once that feels like a breeze take it up to 30 and so on. Where do I find the energy....well, I usually don't want to do it, but I get a great feeling after I complete a workout and that is what pushes me. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • an2na
    an2na Posts: 2
    Options
    hello! I was doing this for about a month and loved it ,then I got lazy and stop. That is my problem about staying motiviated.I'm a mother of 4,I try to stay busy and I volunteer at my kids school and church. Mybe we can help each other.I have this app on my phone that help me I put the food on before I eat it and that makes me see the calories before I eat them. I have joined the YMCA and I enjoy going but sometime I feel embrassed going cause of my size.
  • queenbeejulie
    queenbeejulie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too, but have been tracking my calories and exercising for 3 weeks now, and I have to say, I have way more energy now than I did three weeks ago! I credit the healthier eating but also the exercise... I know it can be difficult at first, but I think if you push through the initial tiredness you will gain energy too!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You just have to do it. (And there are days when it's the last thing you want to do.) Start small, maybe a walk around the block. Good luck on your new journey.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Eat lots of fruits and vegetables-that'll cure the low energy. Maybe try taking some vitamins too?

To stay motivated, try to remember why you wanted to start your weight loss journey. How did it feel when you stepped on the scale for the first time and saw the number go down?
  • LorraineJackson35
    Options
    Hey Lindsaylou98! Exercise is the key to your breakthrough.. Watching what I eat (calorie intake). I don't have a problem working out. Try TurboFire when you are READY to shed some real weight. That is what I am doing. I lost 2 and 3/4 pounds this week from simply combining the two (exercise 6 days a week using the TurboFire calendar and using myfitnesspal.com to log in what I plan on eating every morning before I start my day. I make adjustments to my meals if my calorie intake is more than my target goal. You can do it! Consistency is Key! Welcome and Much Success!!!

LorraineJackson35