21 Year Old Who Has Let Herself Go

Options
Hey there. I'm Kristina. I've been here before but I was not as dedicated as I wanted to be. After putting on some more weight, I realise I cannot sit and slowly kill myself. I hate the way I look, especially when I go to try on clothes at the shops. I end up crying into the dressing room mirror. That's not the life I want.

Encouragement would be wonderful as I know there will be people here in the same boat as me. I'm looking to lose 60 pounds at the moment, that is my goal for now.

I can't bear this lifestyle anymore. I don't want to die young. Sorry to be morbid, but I don't. Please help.

Replies

• sphinxdust
    sphinxdust Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've lost exactly 60 pounds, and I did it only by being the most vigilant!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I make it to my goal, I will have lost 75lbs! Eak! So far I have lost 35, but only 5 of that has been recently. I decided to buckle down a few weeks ago, and here I am. :) You can do it! Nutrient dense foods are key, or you will be ever so hungry and miserable.

You can do it! It's really all about control. :) Being in control of yourself is so empowering.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya girl! I just weighed myself last Tuesday for the first time in probably about a year and I'm currently sitting at 260lbs. My goal right now is to lose 60lbs. I've just started this lifestyle change last Monday and doing good so far. I know exactly how you feel about going and trying on clothes. Sometimes, it's just unbearable. BUT we can do this!
  • mtm77
    mtm77 Posts: 84
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck to ya!
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl! im in the Samee boat!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    hey sweetie :) i just turned 20 and have lost 33 so far, aiming to lose 60-80 in total i've added you as a friend :)