The Best Journey!!!

Options
zoe4friends
zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
I have been on this weight loss journey for about 2 years now and I am almost 100 lbs down.
I started my journey when I had to take PE class my spring semester of 2010, not because I wanted to, but because I had to do it for class. I was at my biggest about 258 lbs. Throughout the semester we had to walk 2 miles 3 times a week. The class lasted about 3 months, and in those 3 months I lost about 20 pounds. Seeing results made me to keep going and since then I was losing very slowly because I was not dedicated to working out. But I still managed to lose about 60lbs from February 2010 till August 2011. But in September 2011, I discovered MFP. I started MFP at 195 lbs and was using app on my phone for the first week. I never thought I would last that long, and didn’t believe I can do it. But seeing the results my first couple of weeks kept me going. I was motivated and inspired by all the success stories and all the great support of my friends on here. I definitely felt that I am not alone in this journey. The support and motivation of my MFP friends even on the smallest accomplishment, such as staying under calories goal, running my first ¼ of a mile nonstop was a great motivation. Seeing all their hard work and their success in accomplishing their goals, made me push harder and set higher goals for myself. I did my first 5K in February and have my second lined up on April 10th, my next goal is Half Marathon, hopefully I can do it by my next birthday.
Today I weighed at 158.6lbs, my goal weight is 145 and it’s been very slow lately, but I am not giving up! I am determined to finish my journey strong, and willing to be patient. This is one of the BEST JOUYRNEYS in my Life. Through this lifestyle change, I learned to be patient, I started believing in myself, I started to love running and exercising, I learnt to accept my failures and mistakes and get back up whenever I fall down and finally I started loving myself!!!
Also I just wanted to say HUGE THANK YOU to all my Wonderful MFP friends for their constant support and encouragement!!!
Vk4eT.jpg?3

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    you have done an amazing job! it is nice to know you started believing in yourself. very inspiring! thank you for sharing your story.
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Zoey you never cease to amaze me! Congratulations you have done an amazing job so far. You are always so inspiring and I love the quotes you post :) BTW how tall are you? You look absolutely gorgeous and I see how hard you work.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Zoe I am soooo proud of you!!! You are such an inspiration and you look so amazingly beautiful!!!. Keep up the good work!!
  • zoe4friends
    Options
    Zoey you never cease to amaze me! Congratulations you have done an amazing job so far. You are always so inspiring and I love the quotes you post :) BTW how tall are you? You look absolutely gorgeous and I see how hard you work.

Thank you so much!!! I finally decided to post a success story, lately I've been a little slow on losing and was about to get discouraged, but reminded myself of how far I have already come and the last 15 pounds are only the matter of patience and persistence. Oh I am 5'6" and a quarter :-)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    this means that i can do it too. great job
  • zoe4friends
    Options
    this means that i can do it too. great job

You CAN definitely do it!!! All you need is drive and determination!!!
  • mvkrayola
    mvkrayola Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Zoey, I have enjoyed watching and reading all of your goals and journey for the last 4-5 months. I am so glad you posted this to show a complete picture. Your workouts are amazing and I know you will make that goal. We sometimes take one step back when all of a sudden we are coming close to something that seemed unattainable. I did that about a month ago when I was ready to cross the line to "ONEderland". I freaked and sort-of without thinking I was making bad choices and found myself further from that land. I think I was overwhelmed. I am now putting one foot in and kept it there for a few days and stepped back out. but I won't give up I know that I will crossover and hopefully never return. Your posts and your sayings are always very inspiring. Thanks
  • zoe4friends
    Options
    Zoey, I have enjoyed watching and reading all of your goals and journey for the last 4-5 months. I am so glad you posted this to show a complete picture. Your workouts are amazing and I know you will make that goal. We sometimes take one step back when all of a sudden we are coming close to something that seemed unattainable. I did that about a month ago when I was ready to cross the line to "ONEderland". I freaked and sort-of without thinking I was making bad choices and found myself further from that land. I think I was overwhelmed. I am now putting one foot in and kept it there for a few days and stepped back out. but I won't give up I know that I will crossover and hopefully never return. Your posts and your sayings are always very inspiring. Thanks

Thank you. Totally agree with one step back!!! Sometimes that's what we need to get back on track and keep moving!!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Zoe...when I tell you..that your journey is so inspirational and to share it with others just amazing!! You are one of the sweetest, motivational ladies of MFP...I am just happy to have gained a pal/friend in you...We haven't been pals your entire journey but it feels like it because you inspire me alot....Keep up the great work..YOU LOOK AMAZING...and those pds will definitely come soon...Focus on all your success and we know Inches have been drastically coming off...you don't even look like you are in the 150s...Keep doing what you are doing....XOXO

Steph(Sexycook)
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Zoe. One thing hasn't changed,you are still beautiful! Keep up the good work, it is indeed a journey.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Zoe, you look amazing - I see your calorie burns every day and I know how hard you've worked for this. What inspires me most though is your positivity and determination, you always have an upbeat quote or message to share and you take the time to encourage others - you deserve this, enjoy it :flowerforyou:
  • DanTheRunningMan
    Options
    Congratulations on a most impressive accomplishment!

And thanks for posting this. I know I'm not the only once who enjoys seeing the success of others and who takes inspiration and courage from your story. Well done.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Wow Zoe! This is incredible to see your journey - I'm proud to have been a small part of it as part of your MFP support. You have done amazing and you will reach that final goal!!
  • Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! I love these Success Stories, as I can keep telling myself "it can be done!" It makes me want to push even more. Congratulations!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!!

Many congrats on your amazing success. <3
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    wow amaaaaaaazing work!
  • zoe4friends
    Options
    Thank you all!!! I would have not done it without the constant support and encouragement of my Wonderful MFP Friends!!!
    Wow, you look amazing! I love these Success Stories, as I can keep telling myself "it can be done!" It makes me want to push even more. Congratulations!

That's what kept me going - seeing others succeed!!! It can be definitely done, just Believe in yourself!!!
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    You know from what you were, to what you are now, the difference is night and day. I personally like you in your before and after picture as you have that sweet kind hearted look that I like in human beings. By losing your weight you have adopted a better lifestyle for yourself and these investments you are making in your body now will pay off in later years.

I love your post by the way as you acknowledge everything. I did tell you off about not eating enough but hey, you have a great body now, but i think eventually you will have to eat more to maintain your body as you will be so lean that you will need to get energy from somewhere.

I'm very happy you posted this Zoe, i really didn't realise how far you had come over the last few years. Hard work, dedication :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!