Dont hate me I'm new!

Options
I'm currently on break at work with little time left so pardon my typos. I was accessing the site on my phone and saw the big debate about calorie intake. I take in about 1000 colories a day, sometimes more and sometimes less. I work out at the gym for a least 2 hours every time I have a chance which is about 3 to 4 times a week. I've been doing this for close to two wekks now and I'm down 8lbs. I'm not sure how to calculate how much I'm supposed to be eating, I will lokk it up once I get home but I'm harldy ever hungry, I eat every 3 to 4 hours or so but I eat low calorie foods ( I think ). Anyway my main purpose for making this. Post is to basically see if I'm doing anything wrong and what can I do better. My diary is public. I want to lose weight the healthy way but I also want to lose at least 3 lbs weekly. Tahnks in advance! I have to go back to work but I will be back later.

Replies

• crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I checked out your diary it looks a little sparse. Are you cooking your fish with anything, oil, butter, lemon? What are you drinking through out the day? Your weight loss is awesome so far as you have been on MFP. I just want to make sure you are counting everything one hundred percent, the weight loss to start with is easier than later on. Also you really need to try and eat your calories. You need to feed the muscles that you are trying to build. The higher quality gas you put in your car the better it runs, but no matter what you still need to give it fuel. You know what I mean? Good luck on your journey!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yeah, did you add anything when you cooked the fish? Did you put anything on the potato? Yesterday -- fish and noodles. Any oil/butter on the noodles?

These are things a lot of people forget when they first start counting.

After you've made sure that you got your intake correct, try edging it upwards. 1000 is quite low for exercising and your current weight. You have a fair amount to lose, but you're giving yourself a deficit well over 1000 calories/day, especially on exercise days. Just tell MFP you want to lose 2 lbs/week (at your current weight, that's fine -- it's a bit under 1% of your body mass) and eat up to the calories it tells you.
  • Nessap08
    Nessap08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to count everything I possibly can. I eat mostly processed foods : ( so I just scan the barcodes. That fish and noodle thing probably had more calories than I logged it as but I'm aware of that. As for the other stuff. I put seasoning on my fish and just bake it and the potatoes as well. I just microwave the potato and eat it like that not butter or anything added, Oh and I drink water every day. about 3-4 of the 16 oz bottles, depending on my activity for the day, i just never logged them.