Ok Nighshifters...how is your log set up?

Options
bluex232
bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
Do you do a midnight to midnight day or do you include your whole work shift in one day? And do you put it at the beginning of your day or at the end? What works best for you, when I started MFP I kept switching it around, but right now I have it at the end of my day...sometimes I feel like its kind of cheating though, since my shift is from 1030pm-630am...what do you think?

Replies

• bjsquires
    bjsquires Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have mine set in 4hr increments: 12a-4a, 4a-8a, 8a-noon, noon-4p, 4p-8p, and 8p-midnight. This works for me since I work 12hrs days and I may eat nothing from 4-6a until after 4p.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I just used slashes....

Breakfast / Work-Sleep
    Lunch / Work-Breakfast
    Supper / After Gym-Snack
    Sleep / Work-Lunch/Supper

I don't think I have it in that order... but basically I did that.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You can check mine out - I wake up at 2 in the morning, eat night lunch around 3, eat breakfast-ish (i call it) at like 7 or 8, and then dinner at 11 or 12. I try to have snacks, and maybe eat 2 smaller meals mid-shift.... it kind of just depends on the day,and how busy I am. You can chenge the titles of your meals under settings, or even change the time zone you're in to "sync" up with your day..... I hope this helps!
  • MereBear1985
    MereBear1985 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use:

Breakfast
    Snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner
    Snack

But since I rotate between days and nights when I eat these depends on what I am working. On nights in a 24 hour span (12 to 12) I could eat lunch first (midnight) then a snack then Breakfast (7am) then sleep then Dinner (6pm) then snack (10pm) REPEAT
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I work 9pm to 7am, so I have "Breakfast" anywhere from 5pm to 9pm, depending on the day (whether I'm working or not), lunch is ALWAYS at 2am, just because I'm a little OCD like that. "Dinner" is anywhere from 5am to 11am, again, depending on the day. Which means that my "Thursday" dinner is on "Friday" Morning... confusing to some, but it works for me! :)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check mine out.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    My lunch break is at 2:30 AM, so that's 1st meal of the day, breakfast.
    Then a snack (not always)
    Then 8:00 AM is back at the house, and that's lunch.
    I wake up at 5:00 in the afternoon, and eat sometime between 6:00-8:00, and that's dinner.
    Usually a snack sometime after that.

Then it all starts over again.
  • PurpleStarKatz
    PurpleStarKatz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I exactly qualify as a night shifter per say, but eh. I've just got mine set up as Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3, Snack 1, Snack 2, Other. Snack 2 and Other I haven't been using but they are there if I decide to.
  • bluex232
    bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Right now I have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Work, and Snacks for my meals...I work 5 days a week, and on my off days I end up sleeping at night so I wanted something that I could use on my off days as well. (so on Tuesdays when I get off at 630am I usually do not go to sleep until Tuesday night, and Thursdays when I go back to work, I usually have an extra meal in there since I work overnight but am also awake for all "4" meal times) I just was curious how accurate my calorie count was putting my whole work shift on one day, when 6.5 hours of it are technically the next day, lol. Thanks for your input guys! 8-)
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I still can't figure it out. Lol
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I start mine with breakfast @ 4pm, snack, lunch @ 9pm, dinner @ work around 3am and after workout snack around 8am...
  • nmahone
    nmahone Posts: 1
    Options
    i use a noon-to-noon set-up...Just as day people come home from work and their day ends at midnight, we are the exact opposite. Works well for me ;0)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I just kept mine as Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, and added one for Drinks. I log from when I wake up to when I go to bed, so breakfast is at noon-ish, and so on.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just kept mine as Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, and added one for Drinks. I log from when I wake up to when I go to bed, so breakfast is at noon-ish, and so on.

That's exactly what I do.. I work 3:30p-midnight. I set mine to Breakfast, First Snack, Lunch, Second Snack, Dinner, Midnight Snack. They change based up on my schedule. Most days breakfast is around noon-1p, on the weekends it can be 2-4p. Depends on your body's sleep schedule, so I wouldn't read into the tagging too much. Just because I eat breakfast when everyone else eats lunch, we eat the same meals for the same reasons. Plus.. I can't be done eating at 8pm.. that's when my shift is halfway over. :P