what foods have you been turned off?

Options
2»

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is one of the healthiest foods on the planet, why would people give it up when trying to eat healthy?

As for me, I haven't stopped eating anything. No reason to do so.

There's no reason to give up foods you love, but the stuff I used to love? Well, I don't love it anymore. That doesn't mean I felt like I had to give it up - it simply doesn't taste good (or sit well) to me anymore.

There's a difference. This post wasn't asking what foods you gave up for weight loss - it was asking what foods you no longer eat because they aren't good anymore.

this
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I cut way back on sodium. Now when I eat out, everything tastes like the top came off the salt when sprinkling. I also gave up soda and don't miss it at all. Didn't want to replace the soda with diet soda so I replaced it with water. Also I stopped drinking. Don't miss it at all. hmmmmmm.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i still have the sweet junk food craving but only fulfill once in awhile. but when i am in town and hungry i go to wendy's usually but by the time i've driven in and sometimes parked with the car shut off i talk myself out of it and leave. i have at least 3 or 4 reasons why i don't get it- i've come so far, i have food at home which is minutes away, i don't need to waste my money and my stomach is not going to like me too much if i do eat it
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is one of the healthiest foods on the planet, why would people give it up when trying to eat healthy?

As for me, I haven't stopped eating anything. No reason to do so.

There's no reason to give up foods you love, but the stuff I used to love? Well, I don't love it anymore. That doesn't mean I felt like I had to give it up - it simply doesn't taste good (or sit well) to me anymore.

There's a difference. This post wasn't asking what foods you gave up for weight loss - it was asking what foods you no longer eat because they aren't good anymore.
    For me, the answer is the same. There isn't anything I eat that stopped being good, therefore, there isn't anything I stopped eating.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    I used to love cake batter ice cream, and they sold it during lunch at my school.
    Now, I can't stand the taste or the horrid smell, it makes me want to puke
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I find my palette and tastes have changed since changing my diet. It's kind of weird and unexpected. The biggest example is that pork COMPLETELY grosses me out. I used to really like the flavor.
    The texture and flavor of it make me gag, quite literally. It's weird.
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Dairy and sugar. I went to a child's birthday party today and decided to try a piece of her chocolate birthday cake since it'd been awhile that I'd eaten any. I couldn't eat half of it. I could feel myself getting sick from the sugar. My husband wanted to go out for ice cream recently and I hadn't had any in a good while so I went along and had a little. Same thing. Wished I hadn't eaten it. Then I tasted a sample of a good cheese in a store. It tasted good in my mouth but a few minutes later I wished I hadn't eaten it because of how my body felt after.

I like how I'm becoming more sensitive to how foods affect my body and my moods and how my physical reactions are fitting what I know is good for me.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Anything deep fried ( though I do enjoy a good onion ring every now and then),diet sodas,regular sodas,lunch meat,full fat dairy,and mayo.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    McDonalds.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Chili's southwest Egg rolls. I had been missing them and remembering them fondly, until I had them for lunch a few weeks ago and they just weren't as I remembered! I probably won't waste my calories on them again.
  • areumdawn
    areumdawn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to really like eating panda express but it's too greasy for my liking now