Chocolate Chip Muffin Calories?

Options
Soooo, I treated myself today. I had a chocolate chip muffin from Vons/Safeway bakery. I keep googling and I can't find how many calories are in those things. Anyone have any idea? It was average size.

Replies

• lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A chocolate chip muffin from dunkin donuts has 630 calories :noway: I know its not safeway, but hope this help you out...

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/nutrition/Product.aspx?Category=Bakery&id=DD-795
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    630????? That's outrageous! that's more than a Big Mac Hamburger!
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    Wow, ha that sucks.
  • Saken
    Options
    i still cant belive it, i fear that i may miss judge some food, how large is a muffin from that place? that has to be huge!
  • lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat Vitatops Deep Chocolate, they are 100 calorie muffin tops that come in other flavors...I found them at SuperFresh but I'm sure they are at other grocery stores too.
  • Saken
    Options
    You know i do understand you, and you know what's the worst part? i ended up my day (it's 1.18am right now) and i still have 300cals left. I had no hunger untill i opened the Refrigerator and i saw a chocolat pudin! GOD DAMIT WHY DO THEY KEEP TORTURING ME!
    now i am hungry, but i am going to resist and i am going to bed realy soon
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    I'll have to try those sometimes.

Definitely not getting that Safeway muffin again. Haha, that totally buzz killed my day.
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    I normally try to keep my fridge healthy, but a friend of mine left that muffin in my fridge...and one nibble turned into the whole thing =/
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    I normally try to keep my fridge healthy, but a friend of mine left that muffin in my fridge...and one nibble turned into the whole thing =/
  • shalinik78
    Options

hey worry not ! I asked one of the chefs in the bakery at Safeway - they say its around 420 Cals .... I know thats not a very good count too but then remember you treated yourself ( Thats not supposed to be a 100 Cal penny size muffin ) Be happy Girl ! Once in a while we all need this !!!!

Also wanted to add that these days at the same section in Safeway they have started keeping EATING RIGHT bakery products - those have proper labels for nutritional contents :)

Have fun - After all whats the fun in doing something that becomes a burden.
    Never stop eating what you like - just cut the portions !!!
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    Hey, well that's better then the 600 I thought it was. That's really nice to hear.
    Thanks for responding =)
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    There are 670 in the one fom Costco.