Do YOU track these?

Options
Just wondering if people track a few things and why you do/do not.

twin sweetener (1 little package is 0 for everything, should it be bothered to be tracked?)
gum
mints
breather freshers of any type really

all I was wondering right now, have any to add, feel free.

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Not really. I like to eat jolly ranchers hard candy and try to stick to three a day and I don't bother adding them in.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Like at work I like to have something like gum or mint to keep my breath smelling nice, since i work with people! But I dont have the computer access to log onto MFP and log them in. Then I do a lot of walking around and standing at work. Am I burning off those few cals anyway?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you consume really.

If you are eating a container of Tic tacs a day, definitely enter them.
  • redjen910
    Options
    I don't use any artificial sweetners in packets. I do have sugarfree gum and Altoids Smalls. Since both are less than a calorie I don't count them. neither do I count going up and down several flights of stairs at work. Like someone else said- if I ate a whole package of full sugar mints or candy I probably would.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How about packing a tooth brush instead. ZERO calories!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Things I don't bother to log: sf gum, black coffee and tea. Also if I am serving DH some chips or M&M's and I take one piece I don't log it.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options

I don't have the luxury of leaving the desk to brush my teeth :[
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

That's too bad. I find that that works after meals too as way of telling myself, no more food.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I love using The Doctor's Brush Picks. Much better than wood toothpicks.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    No.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I don't track coffee or gum. I don't use sweetner but if I did, I wouldn't track it either.
  • H2gmom
    H2gmom Posts: 6
    Options
    I do not track gum. The gum I chew is 5 calories. I figure that I burn more than that chewing it.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Not logging a couple of calories here or there, but remember it all adds up; 1 Jolly Rancher sugar free=9 calories; 1 Tic-Tac =2 calories; Generic sugar hard candy= 20 calories.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I don't track cough drops, but I do track candy of any form.
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Or the Wisps, which are tiny, single use toothbrushes that contain toothpaste in them. They freshen your breath, and no need to hav a sink or rinse your mouth after use.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I don't use any of the list in the OP.
    I am tracking all my lollies including cough drops. - Lollies are a major source of calories for me at work and since I have been counting I have eaten a lot less.

My job is sedentary so I post all my activities, even a cleaning jag.
    I've heard this annoys some people but that's what it says in the choosing your activity level guide and it is listed in exercises or I would not have thought to do this.
    If you have listed yourself as somewhat active I am not sure if it counts the additional movement or just the increased base rate,
    Would have to check that.
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't track artificial sweetener, coffee (I almost always drink it black), hot tea with a tiny splash of fat free half and half, low calorie veggies (if I use butter or sauce, I log that part of it). My thinking is calorie info is an estimation, so I'm never going to be 100% accurate. Now if I went crazy and ate 5 pounds of broccoli, I'd log it...lol And like another poster, I log cleaning and other activities. I HATE cleaning, so I tend to do it in frenzied spurts that get my heart pumping hard.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I dont log anything that doesn't have at least 5 calories. And I don't log cheap veggies like lettuce, radishes, etc. i do log fruits and high-carb veggies like carrots and squash. i also dont log every tiny bit of activity that I do. Walking the 2 min to the park w/ my kids and running around isn't logged either. and i'm listed as "sedentary" I figure the two sets of non-logs are a wash
  • listlife
    listlife Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm a very anxious person and one way i combat this is by chewing gum and sometimes sucking on hard candy. I don't count these (unless I have an excessive amount, like 20 lifesavers in a day or something.) I don't let myself sweat it because it's a coping mechanism for me. and hey, a tiny bit of calories here and there isn't going to kill you. Especially when you count everything else.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I log it. but just to keep myself honest. A few times I'm sure I've forgotten, but as a general rule, I try to log it. But that's me. If you don't, that's fine.