Mid morning gain...

Options
I always wonder why in the middle of the morning I am about three pounds heaveier than I am at 7 am. And this gain is not from food or anything because I didn't eat anything. Is it possible to gain weight as the morning progresses?

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Why are you weighing yourself multiple times per day?
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im not sure but I know that I weight 6 lbs more in the evening than I do when I get up
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Why are you weighing yourself multiple times per day?

This^

You don't need to keep weighing yourself. Weight fluctuates constantly so its best to just weigh in once a week.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    It has something to do with center of gravity...morning is always best. Or if youre going to weigh yourself do it the same time of day everyday so you can get an accurate measure. If you eat then of course midday you're gonna have weight on you. 1 standard bottle of water is 1 lb. So imagine if you get in 8 glasses, that is 4 lbs of water.
  • whedonnerd
    Options
    Totally. It's because of all the food and water you've got in you as a result of living your day! It's best to weight yourself first thing in the morning, after you've gone to the bathroom and whatnot. And don't weigh yourself too often. If you do it everyday you can keep on track, but once a week is usually best.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Do you drink water or liquids? Than that's it.
    Don't be paranoid. No human being can gain 3lbs in few min. Chill out!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Is it because you're fully clothed midway thru the day as opposed to morning?? lol

The body is weird, it's constantly converting sugars, fats and proteins into more/less useful things. This is why you're supposed to pick ONE time of the day and stick with weighing in at that time or that day of the week, for consistency's sake.
  • Coaster99
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week, same day same time, same scale in the same position on the floor.
    Natural to gain 3-5 lbs during the day, eating or not.
    Just stick to tyour plan, I added too much fruit this week and did not drop the 2 lbs I was looking for.